...And the school year begins!!!!

elyse449

Wow....here we go!! XtypeX

My 5 yr old (stb 6 in Nov) starts Kindergarten, tomorrow. He did preschool last year so hopefully I won't bawl too much when he gets on the school bus, lol.

Today, my stb 17 yr old started his junior year. This is shocking. I remember this kid when he was just barely 7 yrs old!! xbugeyesx

...for those of you not aware, I have two dss's. They are 17 and 15 yrs old, lol. Just in case folks wonder, "why does she only remember her kid from age 7!?" LOL.

Yesterday, my freshman went to his first day (IEP student, younger dss-15 yrs)

At some point, my youngest (he's 3) will start a preschool program to...haven't gotten the info though, so I need to do some calling tomorrow because I did register him and everything.

...and my two middle schoolers went to their first day of 6th and 8th grades.... They are 11 and 13 respectively, but will soon turn 12 and 14. Here is a picture of my younger dd's PE teacher...:Director:

(Seriously, the guy thinks he's still in boot camp...don't think he EVER left if ya know what I mean, lol! xshotx) *I don't mean anything personal by that, mind you. I don't think he actually SERVED, that's kinda my point-lol.

I got 4 kids w/ b-days that are within a month of each other! Whew!

How about you folks?

May we all survive!! LOL! Than again, after having them HOME all summer? This is MY vacation! LOL, j/k.

Elyse

hehe Elyse - that's so funny!

My dad is a HS teacher...he dreaded the school year starting. But my cousins (two of my 6 cousins are living with my parents now...complicated but better for all involved) just love it!

I'm dreading the extra commute time due to being behind those big rolling twinkies in the morning and afternoons

hehe Elyse - that's so funny!

My dad is a HS teacher...he dreaded the school year starting. But my cousins (two of my 6 cousins are living with my parents now...complicated but better for all involved) just love it!

I'm dreading the extra commute time due to being behind those big rolling twinkies in the morning and afternoons

I don't think I blame your dad. Of course I'd teach HS over MS any day!!!

LOL...I bet he had himself a good stiff drink the night before, lol!!! And I hear ya on the commute BECAUSE the highschool is actually in my neighborhood!! Yeah, that's right--my little neighborhood with only ONE entrance/exit!!! Grrr...oh well.

Elyse

Shoot girl......we've been in school for about a month already. I've aready had my first parent conference.

I look at like my vacation too, but I really haven't gotten to enjoy it yet. I'm a Crazy Homeroom Mom (as Chase calls me) acting as a HRMom for 2 classes, plus being on the PTO Board and all kinds of other stuff they keep asking me to help with. But the vacation is coming soon!!!!!! At least I keep telling myself that :roll::lol:

We started Aug 16th. I hate that! Every year I complain to all my out of state friends and family about how silly it is to start school in the hottest

month of summer.

Zfire was room mom last year for a bunch of 2nd graders and a great teacher. This year, I since am not too sure about the teacher, and him being an unknown, I decided to let someone else do all the work. As to the commute. Since we took this private, I do 12 miles each way twice a day. I really don't like the traffic.

May 30th this year. I think next year will be June though. They keep changing laws re start dates.

I was going to ask what school district you were in, because our heroes in the last legislative session mandated the start date for all schools be no sooner than the 4th Monday in August unless there was an exemption. Did you guys get one?

Our's started the 28th and the last day is May 28.

All the kids with November birthdays?

Sounds like you have good Valentine's Days!

Our school starts in August, and ends in the first week of June.

No, we have four kids w/ birthdays ranging from Aug. 26th to Sept. 29th. My birthday is Sept. 19th, my anniversary is Sept. 21st...yeah, ouch. Than Christmas is around the corner! LOL. Only my little Kindergartner was born in November. Yes, it was a VERY good Valentines day that year! LOL.

Elyse

My 5 year old started Kindergarten Wed as well. I didn't cry but I have a ton of pictures to remember. It is so sad and so exciting. At least they finally get to ride on that BUS!!!

I took him his first day, I couldn't resist! I forgot my camera though, but thank God for camera PHONES! LOL. I was able to send my husband a photo to because we have the same type of phone, motorazr. He was so happy that I sent that, and I'm glad I did to. I felt sad for him that he was at work and couldn't see....so, it's all good. The cruddy thing though was he got put on the wrong bus (my fault), but thankfully got home fine...but than that was why it was important to let them ride the bus the first day! OH well...I truly couldn't resist, plus I had to bring all his school supplies.

Elyse

The cruddy thing though was he got put on the wrong bus (my fault), but thankfully got home fine...

LMAO... I was so worried. We chased the bus down the street and asked her where she was going... for what grade... if she returns them... LOL. Poor lady got bombarded by me and my neighbor.

Tori

LMAO... I was so worried. We chased the bus down the street and asked her where she was going... for what grade... if she returns them... LOL. Poor lady got bombarded by me and my neighbor.

Tori

Yep, that sounds like me! LOL. We were told though that because they're Kindergartners that we'd need to wait at the bus stop both for drop off and pick up. It's just that my other kids who'd gone to the same school from this neighborhood had always ridden that other bus...confusing!

Elyse

Well... shoot... the way that dart off that bus, across the street, towards the car... no wonder. I almost died when one of them did not reply until she was two feet into the street and I was on scream number 5. There were cars coming both ways for God's sake. So... I have to say I understand why.

Today I took my 3 yr old to his first day of preschool. I didn't get any photos because he was climatizing to the class and already tried to follow me out once...I didn't want to make it a hardship for him...:(

I figure I'll get some photos of him coming home on the bus and some other photos later...just wanted him to have a good first day...but goodness I miss him. He's my youngest so....:cry:

On the happier note, when I left he was having a great time and there were other kids coming into class. Also, his teacher's seem extremely nice.

Elyse