JDB Attorney Threaten Judgement- Please Help

charlanyc

This attorney (Ru ben and R o thman) has been leaving me automated msgs. When I call back, its very difficult for me to reach anyone that will speak to me about my account. I had no idea who they were or why they were calling me!

When I did finally speak to someone, he agreed to send me a letter with a settlement and the OC's name. He said that if he validates the debt it will "change everything" and put me into another category ??

I called him back a day after I received the letter and asked him to change the settlement into 2 payments. He agreed but said that a judgement had already been "issued". :twisted: I asked him why he would seek a judgment when his original settlement offer hadn't expired and he yelled at me and hung up.:evil:

I checked with the Courts and there was no judgement or case on record...yet

I was thinking of sending him a letter again asking for a settlement offer or judment # that I can reference.

I'm sure they'll seek a judgement if I send a DV letter.

State: NY /debt is under $1000

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with these nasty people? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Stop talking to them on the phone and send a DV letter. Ruben and Rothman are just debt collectors.

I'm sure they'll seek a judgement if I send a DV letter.

That's what they want you to think.

If they have such a great case against you, why do you suppose they haven't already sued you?

-r

I didnt admit to it. I said that I wanted to get this resolved, and may accept a settlement, but needed more information such as a bill, OC etc. Thats when he said that getting "more information" would put me into another category. He said that he could settle for X amount of dollars and I said "mail me something".

He verbally gave me the OC's name, but with a balance that wasnt mine.

After looking at their letter again, I'm even more confused because it says that the client is

LVNV.:?

Calling them was the only way I could find out who they were,as they kept leaving automated voicemails. :(

Update: I called the court this morning and there was no case on file for me. When I got home, there was a summons in my mailbox with an

index number!

Hi just went to court with those guys today . Read my post, but anyway. First off STOP CALLING THEM only write and then send CMRRR. If there is a judgement considering how much you owe that puts it in small claims. You will be able to vacate trust me (read my post). From there you will have to decide if this is where you fight or lay down your sword . I decided to fight Rubin & Rothman and lay down my sword with the other Lawyer. read my post. Good Luck .

Hi just went to court with those guys today . Read my post, but anyway. First off STOP CALLING THEM only write and then send CMRRR. If there is a judgement considering how much you owe that puts it in small claims. You will be able to vacate trust me (read my post). From there you will have to decide if this is where you fight or lay down your sword . I decided to fight Rubin & Rothman and lay down my sword with the other Lawyer. read my post. Good Luck .

Hi tylemcorp!

I didnt get a default judgement. I'm working on my answer now.