goodwill response

loganlovesme

I sent out 10+ GW letters last week, all for paid collections from 2001 & 2002. Today I received a letter from a company telling me that they will not remove item from CR, But the letter did not have a company name or letter head and the return address on the envelope is not an address I am familiar with. It came from Phx, but I sent 4 letters to companies in Phx. It was a generic "we do not remove negative accounts blah blah." signed Eric (no last name)

any ideas on how to find out who the company is??

Have you tried disputing any of these accounts with the CRAs yet? Sometimes if they send you a letter that they are going to be jerks, by disputing, the CRAs may just remove it anyways. When you dispute, use the reason first that it isn't yours, if that doesn't work then go with creditor agreed to remove when paid in full, if that doesn't work, then the account is too old, remove from report. I've gotten lots of deletes this way without having to send GW letters. Companies usually don't want to deal with an account that has been long paid and usually won't respond when the CRA tries to validate, therefor you get a delete anyways.