third time is a charm! I got me a signed PFD!

merkurfan

They responded to my DV with validation, my 1-2 punch verified, I knew it was mine, sent a PFD.. no reply. Sent another.. month later, still nothing, sent a third and their reply was basically, alright darn it, we signed it quit sending um!

But, they signed it, and it clearly states they will REMOVE the account from all CRA's. their hand written note at the bottom indicates they will delete as well :) They also added their own deadline date to get the money in (10 days from when they sent their reply, not when I received it. oh well)

So, a quick trip to wally world to get a money order, a copy of the PFD with money order in copy, and a trip to the PO will make my most recent collection (02/07) go away :D

They responded to my DV with validation, my 1-2 punch verified, I knew it was mine, sent a PFD.. no reply. Sent another.. month later, still nothing, sent a third and their reply was basically, alright darn it, we signed it quit sending um!

But, they signed it, and it clearly states they will REMOVE the account from all CRA's. their hand written note at the bottom indicates they will delete as well :) They also added their own deadline date to get the money in (10 days from when they sent their reply, not when I received it. oh well)

So, a quick trip to wally world to get a money order, a copy of the PFD with money order in copy, and a trip to the PO will make my most recent collection (02/07) go away :D

good job! Just a question: when was the negative information scheduled to fall off?

It's a local CA, so likely no one any of you will have to deal with. My next step was my PFD letter in hand with cash in the other saying sign this, I'll give you this while standing in their office.

Jason, a PFD is a Pay For Delete. IE You tell the CA, hey, I'll pay ya just to clear this up if you delete from my reports. Search will give ya some samples.

I will get a HUGE (15-30 points) jump in score because it is a collection account that will no longer be on my report. The fact that the account is only 4 months old on TU and EX and a month old on EQ means that it's having a huge affect on my score. being removed from my reports completely will send my fico/fako up. it was not a lot of money, 240 bucks. But the scoring models care more about it being a collection account, and how old it is, than the amount.

Congrats!

So just to understand, they sent you back the paperwork you sent them, signed, and wrote a note of the bottom of the letter verifying?

Did they send you anything on their letterhead, or is that even necessary?

Is there a particular person you need a signature from, or can anyone from the company sign your paperwork?

• 1 month later...

Hi Merkurfan. I absolutely love this site and have learned so much! I have settled two debts prior to finding this site by verbal communication. Now I know better. I have two payments pending and need a PDF letter to send to these CA's. I have searched this site and am coming up empty. Can you tell me where to find a PDF sample letter please?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Just draft a note stressing the fact that a full deletion is a win win for both you and the creditor. Also apologize for letting your financial situation get to this point and explain that you want to do the right thing, but you really need this account to go away because you want to make a new start and are being held back by this negative mark against you.

In one of my PFD letters I stated:

"Your number one priority as a debt collector is to collect the debt as quickly as possible, I am offering you just that... "

I usually use a combination of several letters that I have found on this site. I tweak them to fit my situation.

IMO, with new accounts, it is worth it to offer to pay the full amount due to get them off, as they are making the biggest impact in your score.

Good luck, it has worked for me 3 times so far.

you say they REMOVED and they handwrote delete also....istn that the same thing? am i just confused? i just dont want to miss any info as i prepare by first PFD letter. thanks