Experian sticks it to me

virtualrn

Have an FA with Ex. Disputed names, addresses, spouses, and inquiries. Ex has updated my account in which they now have increased to include a list of names to 16, I have acquired a spouse, and my current address is not an address I have ever lived at. The inquiries remain.. You suppose I antagonized someone with the orange paper and purple ink? Disputed again, another 30 days...sigh!

Wierd. I just sent EX a letter disputing names and addresses also. I am waiting to here back from them. But today I looked at my EX report online and it had my current address off and the three addresses I diputed listed as my current ones. So I will wait until late Oct. when I am supposed to here back from them. But from what you said It looks as if I am gonna go through the same thing you just did.:shock:

I think it was BigJohnStud who said Experian is the devil.

Yes they are. All of us are having issues with them lately.

My awnser to experian and their antics cost me 5 bucks.

I did a security freeze. In my letter requesting the freeze I explained that the 20 different versions of my name and addresses, coupled with several addresses that do not even exist make their report ripe for fraud and as such, I was just going to freeze it till heck froze over or they corrected the mistakes that have been pointed out countlessly.

I don't know if they care, but they can't make any money on a frozen report. EX was my worst report to. so I am losing nothing. I can still do soft pulls via cip. It'll either get me denied, or they will pull a different CRA.

My awnser to experian and their antics cost me 5 bucks.

I did a security freeze. In my letter requesting the freeze I explained that the 20 different versions of my name and addresses, coupled with several addresses that do not even exist make their report ripe for fraud and as such, I was just going to freeze it till heck froze over or they corrected the mistakes that have been pointed out countlessly.

I don't know if they care, but they can't make any money on a frozen report. EX was my worst report to. so I am losing nothing. I can still do soft pulls via cip. It'll either get me denied, or they will pull a different CRA.

Can u give me more details about the freeze process.. I have never heard of that? I too have a million address with 12 versions of my name.. Disputed and got no where!:?:

Can u give me more details about the freeze process.. I have never heard of that? I too have a million address with 12 versions of my name.. Disputed and got no where!:?:

Just google security freeze and it should come up. It veries from state to state as to what you can do to get one.

http://www.privacy.ca.gov/sheets/cis10securityfreeze.htm

that has everything you'll want to know about freezing your report. I suggest everyone freeze EX as you can't bump or dispute inq's, names, or addresses.

Wierd. I just sent EX a letter disputing names and addresses also. I am waiting to here back from them. But today I looked at my EX report online and it had my current address off and the three addresses I diputed listed as my current ones. So I will wait until late Oct. when I am supposed to here back from them. But from what you said It looks as if I am gonna go through the same thing you just did.:shock:

Did you use purple ink or special paper?

• 2 weeks later...

When it came to the misspellings of my name and addresses that were not mine, I used the guthuman 500 site to get a number to speak to someone at EX, and disputed all the personal information over the phone. It was all corrected the next day. It showed addresses in states I had never lived in, and a couple of common misspellings of my first name.