Need more student loans...

let_it_slide

So I'm in a weird place with my education right now. I got a degree in something, but as I was nearing the end of the degree I realized I wanted to do something else. So I was going to get another degree but the financial aid advisor said I'm out of available undergraduate student loan money (federal not private) and I'm out of scholarship money.

My credit is a work in progress and last time I applied for a 3rd party loan I was denied quickly. My parents cannot help or co-sign.

Does anyone know of a good 3rd party student loan company (I guess?) that will accept me at my scores (in signature)? My financial aid advisor has no time for such questions, it seems.

So I'm in a weird place with my education right now. I got a degree in something, but as I was nearing the end of the degree I realized I wanted to do something else. So I was going to get another degree but the financial aid advisor said I'm out of available undergraduate student loan money (federal not private) and I'm out of scholarship money.

My credit is a work in progress and last time I applied for a 3rd party loan I was denied quickly. My parents cannot help or co-sign.

Does anyone know of a good 3rd party student loan company (I guess?) that will accept me at my scores (in signature)? My financial aid advisor has no time for such questions, it seems.

I understand your situation, I am approaching my credit limit, too. I changed major in the middle and ended up with too many credits, I think they only give you financial aid for 250-270 credits in my school. But, Have you ever considered switchin school before you graduate from there? If you do that, you might get some extentions, depending on the school. You should think about that.

You could consider just finishing the degree you started on and apply to a grad school in a different field. Usually they are not all that dependent, unless you wanted to go into something with a heavy science requirement. For instance, you could go for an MBA or to Law School with a degree in ART or History or Psychology or anything else. This would increase your federal funding quite a bit and might still fix your planning problem.