How to start contact w/ CA's &/or OC?

voborild

When my wife and I pulled her CR, we found a few negative items. 2 appear to be w/ CA's and 1 is with the OC (credit card). What's the best way to initiate contact since I only have partial account #'s.

We are willing to pay these, but I don't want to open up a can of worms at the same time.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

This can be very tricky.

If after you dispute, you feel you need to contact them, do it via mail.

You can search this forum and Google for their mailing addresses.

You might want to share a little more information ( the amounts and wether or not they are past SOL.) so that other posters here can better advise you on how to proceed.

Last month, I called a creditor that was calling me constantly and "opened up a can of worms". They immediately filed sued me. :cry: I learned later that this made them think I would be an easy win and was in a financial situation to pay. In my situation, I wasnt aware of the debt and company.

This can be very tricky.

Last month, I called a creditor that was calling me constantly and "opened up a can of worms". They immediately filed judgement against me. :cry: I learned later that this made them think I would be an easy win and was in a financial situation to pay. In my situation, I wasnt aware of the debt and company.

YIKES ! that is very scary, I wonder how many people have had that happen to them when trying to resolve their issues with the CA's

Now im worried that might happen to me...darn it.

YIKES ! that is very scary, I wonder how many people have had that happen to them when trying to resolve their issues with the CA's

Now im worried that might happen to me...darn it.

I should have just mailed a simple letter stating

"I've been receiving calls from this number. Please contact me via USPS mail". or something similar.