Lovely

VeVe

So I sent dispute letters to all three CRA's in August, and today receieved a letter from TransUnion basically stating that they will not accept any of my documentation, will not remove an inquiries, but will contact the creditors and will just send me an update of the results in 30 days.

What I sent them was the payment history for my VW Credit car loan showing that it was never late (in fact it was paid early, but VW reported it late 8 months in a row for some reason), the deferment letter for my student loans (all showing late during that period), and the cancellation confirmation for a gym membership (which was turned over to collections for no reason).

They're getting lazy over there. :cry:

The only one of those to DV is the gym membership, and I never received a letter from the CA. I just have a letter from Gold's. I'll wait for the results before contacting them (since they've never contacted me). That one should go away because it's completely invalid.

The student loans and VW are the one's pissing me off. Especially VW since it was an account started in 1999 and was never once late. And the Student loans are supposed to be the good credit lines to have, but not if they're being reported wrong.

I'm just glad I"m not in the rush I was when I started this a month ago. My big concern was getting car financing, which I got (surprisingly) with my credit as is. It would be nice to get all these things cleared up though.

CRA's never accept docs from a consumer. It's too easy to produce fake ones (not that you would ever do that...). Their response is standard. They are only repositories for info provided by the Data Furnishers.

So once you get the results of your dispute, if still inaccurate, go to the DF's and request they send the CORRECT info to the CRA's (per FACTA).