Collector used profanity in a voicemail

jst5193

Hello everyone,

I have a retail credit card that is behind in payments. I pay every month, but they state that I am paying under the minimum. The collection department calls ten times per day at least. Well, they left a voicemail. It was dead air, then the caller saying "****" and hanging up. Is that harassment? I am looking to take them to small claims court.

Hello everyone,

I have a retail credit card that is behind in payments. I pay every month, but they state that I am paying under the minimum. The collection department calls ten times per day at least. Well, they left a voicemail. It was dead air, then the caller saying "****" and hanging up. Is that harassment? I am looking to take them to small claims court.

Is it a collection agency? Or the OC?

-r

also, did the phone number show on your caller ID?

If no number and/or no caller ID, that would be a very difficult case to prove.

if a CA... do they leave a message 10 times a day? or just call without leaving a message?.... leaving 10 messages would constitute harassment, calling and

not leaving a message would not.

oh.. and a OC can leave multiple messages BTW.

Why not pay the minimums and wa-la .... no more calls. :-)

:-)