How to Bring Car Loan In Good Standing?

charlanyc

How can I bring my car loan In Good Standing on my credit report? Will paying on time for 6 months do it? I was doing great for a long time , but got several lates in 2006 and early 2007.

This account is not in collections.

Any info would be appreciated.

paying on time, period, will help it. As long as there are lates on the report though...they won't go away by themselves. previous poster suggested goodwilling....I would wait awhile - until 1 year of perfect payment history - before doing so.

Thank you both!

I guess I'll pay on time and wait patiently.

Esquire

I would think that credit unions would be more forgiving-can you please let us know what response you get from your letters?;)

I got this at myfico.com :

If you have missed payments, get current and stay current.

The longer you pay your bills on time, the better your score.

Thank you both!

I guess I'll pay on time and wait patiently.

Esquire

I would think that credit unions would be more forgiving-can you please let us know what response you get from your letters?;)

I got this at myfico.com :

I haven't receive a response from either letter :(. But, I think I will call them tomorrow on my lunch break, so I will let you know what they say.

Esquire

:

An additonal idea would be to refinance it if you can. I had one slow pay on my credit union car, I refinanced it and disputed it with the CRA, they let it go and now it is a very pretty tradeline. But a new account like that takes a short term toll on your credit as well or it could accidentally get deleted, so it might just be worth the paying on time wait.

Just another idea...