I'M being Sued HELP!!!!

gbmp

I hope someone can help me, I'm being sued by LVNV Funding. I wrote them in May for DV with no response. Now they are suing. Now will try to have the judgement vacated but I noticed that they are have also "re-aged" the debt with the bureaus. should I just vacate the judgement for their lack of attention to the DV and leave it at that and/or also include the re-aging issue?

HELP!!

I hope someone can help me, I'm being sued by LVNV Funding. I wrote them in May for DV with no response. Now they are suing. Now will try to have the judgement vacated but I noticed that they are have also "re-aged" the debt with the bureaus. should I just vacate the judgement for their lack of attention to the DV and leave it at that and/or also include the re-aging issue?

HELP!!

How do you know you are being sued? were you served? Have you received a summons and comlaint? HOw do you know there is a judgement against you already? A little more info will help us guide you better.

Okay I am being sued but I made a mistake- there isn't a judgement against me since I was served today by a processor for the complaint. However, I have yet to see a DV since I requested one back in May. A local attorney is representing LVNV Funding who purchsed the debt from Sears. I hope that is enough information.

do not send anyone (OC nor the CA) money nor any personal info and dont talk to anyone on the phone...

1. There should be a docket number on the "summons" you recieved saying who, what, where and why is suing you. call the court and make sure that it is real.

2. You need to find out how old the account is, or when was the last time you made a payment. Then you need to check the statue of limitations (SOL) for the state your in. if the SOL has expired then that will be your defense....see below about defenses, SOL info is on this website just look for it.

3. If it is real you probably have to respond to the summons, basically you go to the court house and they have you fill out a paper telling the court to to disregard this summons because whatever reason (this is your defense) you only have a few business days to file this paper at the court.

4. if you dont respond you lose, then u pay