how many inquiries are acceptable

whocares

I have 13 on TU and on my truecredit it lists "too many inquiries" as one of the reasons why I have as they call it "between fair and poor" credit. Until I get some bumped off, I'm only going for credit that pulls my EQ. EQ is my highest score and the only one I've been able to make any inquiry removal progress with.

TU=4 EX=6 EQ=4 I'm getting credit, but i'm afraid of attempting anymore unless they pull from EQ.

Yes, with the way we have figured out how to get rid of EQ inquiries, if you know they pull them, then why not. But anything 3 or over in the last 6 months is too many inquiries. Especially if there is not a tradeline to go with it.

Oh, BTW, I tried it with Tu online dispute last night on inquiries. I haven't read about that option. I will let you know if it works...

• 1 month later...

I sent a certified letter to dispute an inquiry to AMEX, They sent me a letter back that reads as follows:

Thank you for contacting us, regarding the inquiries on your credit report. In order to assist you, the CRA will require: the exact dates of the inquiries, (DAY,MONTH,and YEAR).

the name of the agency, (EQ,EXP,TU) that is reporting the information.

Once you have this information, please forward your dispute directly to the agency reporting the information.

I thought that it is up to the inquiring credit card company that needs to clear that information up, not the CRA...? Do I have it all wrong? or are they giving me the run around....? What should be my next step, please....