Question about follow up DV letter

GreenEyedBandita

So NCO has been harssing me about a Citibank card that was charged off in 2002, so the SOL is almost up on it. I have never received the dunning letter from them however they claim that they have mailed me stuff numerous times. I sent the DV letter to them almost a month ago, I got the green card back about 2 weeks ago. They stopped calling, but I haven't heard anything back yet. They aren't even reporting on my CR. Would you guys still send the follow up DV letter??? O rtake a wait and see approach?

And secondly I was looking for that second letter on the webiste and I cant find it, can someone direct me to it please?

hahaha, I just wanted to know if there was a standard timeline for these things...

30 days plus a little extra for mailing time... if you really want to bug them. However, since you're still within SoL, I would not be in any hurry to follow up. In fact, unless you're buying a house or something I would not recommend DVing anything within SoL.

-r

30 days plus a little extra for mailing time... if you really want to bug them. However, since you're still within SoL, I would not be in any hurry to follow up. In fact, unless you're buying a house or something I would not recommend DVing anything within SoL.

-r

The main reason I am DVing them in the first place is b/c they claim that I owe almost $10K on a cc that only had a $3K limit. The only settlement they were offering was $500 off the balance. This is the first time in about 5 years that I heard anything about this card.

Let me tell u...I started shaking the stick at the lion and BAM...I was under the impression that the OC no longer had records...not only did they have them but sent copies to the CA..ouch!!...I am 8 mos away...CA sent the file to a scumbag CA attny..and I maybe sued...DV was sent last week.

If they can prove chain of title...my only defense will be the shorter SOL for open accts...they other small silver lining? the agreement states if they lose, they'll pay attny fees..hopefully that and the lure of easier prey will be a deterrent

Let me tell u...I started shaking the stick at the lion and BAM...I was under the impression that the OC no longer had records...not only did they have them but sent copies to the CA..ouch!!...I am 8 mos away...CA sent the file to a scumbag CA attny..and I maybe sued...DV was sent last week.

If they can prove chain of title...my only defense will be the shorter SOL for open accts...they other small silver lining? the agreement states if they lose, they'll pay attny fees..hopefully that and the lure of easier prey will be a deterrent

Well I am still waiting, Tuesday will be 30 days.....but the funny thing is they aent reporting to my CR, so I think I am gonna let this one lie and wait to see if they report to the CBs