gieco platnium

• 2 weeks later...
it says I can save 48.00 a year by them direct billing the card.

We'll see..

Well, you only save that money if you were previously paying the $4/mo they charge to bill you monthly. If you have the card and set Geico to autopay your insurance bill each month by using the Platinum card to pay, they waive the $4/mo fee.

You can also remove that fee by simply paying your insurance premium in full every six months, which is what I did.

The Geico Platinum is also a rewards card, giving you 1% back to use toward paying your insurance. That's the big plus, if you don't already have a rewards card.

Personally, I prefer to use the Amazon Chase which gives me 1% back toward purchases at Amazon because it gives me an excuse to buy another camera lens now and then. I also use PayPal Debit which gives me 1.5% cash back as soon as the transaction clears, but that is a debit account, not a credit account.

The urge to apply for the Geico card is overwhelming, I have the Hooters, and have had Geico for 2 years. I've had positive results with apps, but still going to wait until Jan before I apply for anything else. I know I prob have a good chance of getting it, but will wait and see what crap one is going to do with the CLI. No CLI by Jan, then it is gone and I go for the Geico.

Use one a them new cards to buy your dad-gum FICOS for crying out loud so we can know what kind of shot we have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badmonkey.gif

Sometimes just reading your replies makes me laugh...and laugh...and laugh. :)

Between the spanking purple guy and your use of "dad-gum", I can't decide which is funnier.

:lol:

Stefdr, do you have your insurance account set up online? If so, keep checking they offer approvals via their website, that is how I got mine, I went to pay my bill and a popup indicated that I was approved for Geico Mastercard. At the time, my TU score was about 590, my initial CL was 1500, now it is 2500.

8-):)++xdancex