Need a little advice

j2300

I have successfully cleaned up my credit and increased my scores over 100 points, to the point where I had no negative info in my file. Well last winter I had a mix up with Suntrust bank on an equity line that I opened. They didnt send me payment info and I lost track of the payment. I have about 7 mortgages that I pay every month and simply lost track since I never saw any mail about the account. Well my first payment ended up being 30 days late and they reported it, which tanked my scores about 60 points. I immediately contacted their customer service, who couldnt help. I have since gone through every bank contact that I have and had them make an appeal on my behalf to have it removed. I have had no success so far.

What I have done so far;

1- Customer Service - No help

2- My personal banker made an appeal to their senior manager and he would not override it

3- Wrote a "not mine" letter to the credit bureaus- which were verified (long shot i know)

What I am thinking of doing

1- Writing a personal letter to a more senior person other than the senior manager( asking for goodwill)not sure of who though

2- Sending the previous letter every week until some action is taken or moving up the food chain

3- Continue writing the credit bureaus

What other ideas do you guys have for me to try. Also, who would you write to at a bank to make your appeal for "goodwill"

Thanks for your help

suntrust eh? well I am not sure who with customer service you talked to but they should have directed your call to the credit department and they most likely would have given you an address for desputes.

That address will look something this:

Suntrust Bank

Attn: Credit Dispute Dept

P.O. Box 85052

Richmond, VA 23285-5052

But still call the 1-800-suntrust , ask for the credit department and see what they say.

Good luck

Sorry, that is who I spoke with. The credit dept, didnt mean to call them customer care. They basically just said, you were 30 days late so we have to report it. They didnt care that they didnt send out any account info.

Would it help to keep calling these guys and trying to see if I can get a different person to help, I mean like calling every day for a month? Thanks

When you dispute to the CRA dispute the previous payment history and change the reason. I think you have a good plan. Another idea would be to refi that mortgage... with them if possible. If not, time will help. Find the Pres of that bank. Work your way up to him/ her.

Be nice and request to talk to highest ranking person there. If you have a line of credit with them. This what you do. Tell them that you have accepted the facts and if not repaired you will take your business to another financial institution. Be nice and tactful. It is like a goodwill. :)

^ Thanks for the input. I am going to try to get one of my contacts at the bank to give me the contact info for a VP or something and then write them a letter weekly and highlight my relationship with the bank and appeal to them that way. If that doesnt work I may gradually increase my anger level and threaten to go to the BBB or Action 9 news about them ruining my credit by not sending me a payment book and backing it up by saying it is my responsibility to find out about my payment. That is true, but it is not what a reasonable customer expects to have to do.

don't forget to dispute with CRA first!!!!

see link up top for disputing with original creditor

http://creditinfocenter.com/repair/DisputingWithOriginalCreditor.shtml

disputing with CRA first makes it where if they violate, then YOU as consumer can sue, otherwise only AG or FTC have the ability to sue!

Suntrust recieved my letter Aug 30. I won't use the exact letter from here, but if they don't get back to me, then I will modify it and maybe leave some of the legalese out.

Wanted to update everyone, SunTrust has agreed to take the late pay off my report and they put it in today and said it should be reflected on my reports within a week. SunTrust has proven to be an extremely fair bank to do business with. I have to say, I would highly recommend them after they fixed this issue that was just as much my fault as theirs.