Reply to Medical PFD offer.

Rick9972

This is the reply a regional collection agency made to my PFD for 1 very small medical bill. ($47) It is 6 years old and I just wanted to settle it. I offered $35 dollars and they delete all referances to it.

"We feel that you gave a very reasonable offer however we do not delete entries. Our contracts with the medical billing centers stipulate that we will not delete nor favorably change any account that is posted and we are to re-age accounts whenever legally possible. The medical billing centers feel that credit reporting is the only method they have of exacting punitive penalties on those people that do not pay their bills.

I replyed with thank you very much and hung up. With the thought of 12 more months and it is gone. :evil:

It hasn't worked in my case so far. I had to file a complaint with the BBB. I'm just awaiting the final decision. But the CA I'm having problems with is purposely creditjacking my report by continuing to report long paid accounts to force me to pay 2 accounts that I still owe. I say, if you have that in writing about punishing you, file a complaint with the BBB. Nothing like proof of your claim written on their own stationary!:twisted:

Or...you might try suggesting that they simply fail to verify in response to future disputes. That way, they aren't violating their agreement.

You may also wish to inform this bozo that legal re-aging is not possible (quote him the FCRA) and that punitive remedy has no place in credit reporting regardless of how the medical billing center FEELS...