Hipaa Dispute To CRA

Rick9972

Here is the "recommended" letter to send to the CRA's prior to starting the Hipaa dispute.

PRE HIPAA LETTER MEDICAL DISPUTE

You dispute medical accounts this way:

Dear CRA,

My name is xxxxx xxxxxx , my SS # is xxx xx xxxx.

I am sending this dispute certified mail # xxxx to make sure you receive it.

I have no knowledge or records of account # xxxxx on my report # xxxxx.

Please advise me as to the name and address of the medical provider, the date and type of service,and to whom the service was provided.

If you can obtain this information, I also would need the name of the person providing this data, and the manner in which it was provided in order that I may pursue additional legal remedies.

Very truly yours,

It is my understanding that the CRA has none of this information and cannot provide it. They merely tell the CA that you have disputed the information and wait on the CA to tell them the supplied information is correct.

I have some accounts that I have paid in the past that I cannot swear if they are really mine or not. I would like the answers to the above questions.

Any suggestions or just send a request to the CA?

Thanks