Deparate for an answer

just want out

Me and Hubby split - house goes into foreclosure - I am on the deed not the note (I do not have a finacial obligation to pay back any loans)

My lawyer tried frantically to get the Bank to drop me from the suit; answered all motions; and motioned for me to be dismissed based on no finacial incentive to the bank. - NADA! (Ex-hubby goes into hiding)

The bank files a motion for summary judgement to foreclose and gets it!! No court hearing - I can't rebut, argue, anything - it's done.

Ex-Hubby who did nothing is elated - he is filing bankruptcy.

I am going to have a foreclosure judgemnt against me on my very hard earned good credit (thanks to these boards!!)

I live in Florida - this all happened yesterday -

ANY ADVICE?????? I keep hearing - it's not going to matter that I don't owe any money - you still have a foreclosure as a matter of legal record - I'm sick!

"...on the deed not the note..."

A legal requirement in the state of Florida.

You don't have any obligation to pay. The (legal action of) foreclosure rightfully shows against you as a deed holder. A tradeline for the debt should not appear on your CR, but Foreclosure is recorded and properly should appear in the Public Records section as notification of seizure by the lender.

You aim for removal by standard means...dispute any inaccuracies in the entry and hope for lack of verification (once it actually appears). I'd recommend that you try this for a few years and if all fails, then add the (usually stupid idea) Consumer Statement to explain the intricacies of your situation.

And don't fret, ex-hubby will have both a TL and a PR foreclosure showing. Hope he doesn't need credit anytime soon...

I am in the same situation.. almost. I have until Dec. to repair my credit enough to get a mortgage. Why? Because if not, we enter foreclosure on that property where I am on the deed and he is on the mortgage. If I refi it, it will fix it. Don't know if that will work in your case, but it is an option to investigate.