Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

TPHicks

I just pulled my credit report and man do I have alot of work! First thing that I noticed is I think someone else is being reported on my CR. There is a listing for a address in Texas I have never heard of I have never even been the the town it was in. Also under SSN there are 2 one that starts with a 2 and the other one starts with a 0, what is up with that? What should I do? Thanks for any help I can get in this matter! This is my first post and I am really neverous but excitied to get things on my cr fixed.:lol:

Can you tell us if there are any items like accounts, judgements etc. that are not yours reporting? That would certainly be a big clue someone else's info was being reported on your report. Either way though, you will want to contact the CRA that is showing the wrong information. Have you pulled all three? Are they all reporting the wrong info? You will need to contact each that is reporting it.

I just went thru the same thing on my wifes TU report with not only personal info problems but accounts as well. It has taken 3 months to get it strightened out. The CRA's call it a merged report and the woman I talked to at TU told me it happens all the time. If your CR shows accounts that are not yours and wrong personal info, I would file an Identity Theft report with your local police and have a fraud alert placed on your CR. Also file an on line dispute with each CRA that is reporting the wrong information and then follow it up with a written dispute.

These things are a pain in the butt and it takes time to clear them up. Almost worse than hemmoroids. :oops:

By the way I just went thru the wrong name, address, SS# thing on my Experian report and it only took one phone call to get it fixed. In my opinion, Experian was a lot eaiser to work with than TU.

Can you tell us if there are any items like accounts, judgements etc. that are not yours reporting? That would certainly be a big clue someone else's info was being reported on your report. Either way though, you will want to contact the CRA that is showing the wrong information. Have you pulled all three? Are they all reporting the wrong info? You will need to contact each that is reporting it.

i see, I noticed the same thing only on Experian though. When i checked all the addresses listed, there is one address for me from California, but never lived there. Also, at some point, my ss # starts with 0, when the fact is my ss does not start with 0. I plan to bring this matter tho thier attention soon.