aspire

TU bumping

People be careful with bumping. My account with TU was canceled.

CS rep said that excessive access to account was the trigger.

First msg from TU:

"Dear xxxx,

We're sorry that you've decided to cancel your Credit Monitoring subscription, and we'd like to understand how we can help you with your credit management needs. Please let us know why you decided to cancel your service by filling out our quick survey.

Please note that your credit report is no longer being monitored for changes. Credit Monitoring is one of the most effective ways to identify potential fraud and guard against identity theft. Should you decide that you'd like to resume your subscription, please give us a call and we'd be happy to help.

For contact information and hours of service, click here.

Your credit health is as important to us as it is to you. We hope that you will turn to TrueCredit to help you with your credit management needs in the future.

TrueCredit

Manage your credit. Manage your life. (sm) "

Second msg from TU:

"You recently contacted our Customer Service department in regard to our notification that your TrueCredit membership and billing was being frozen due to excessive access to your account. As our customer service team communicated, our Compliance Department has reviewed your account in order to see if you qualified for reinstatement.

After a thorough investigation, it is our conclusion that your account should not be reinstated due to an access pattern which indicates potential fraud or a deliberate intent to tamper with the credit scoring system. Your access, billing and all account related email alerts have now permanently been terminated as a result.

While we regret any inconvenience this may cause you, it is our policy to protect the security and integrity of the credit reporting system.

TrueCredit Legal and Compliance Department"

You recently contacted our Customer Service department in regard to our notification that your TrueCredit membership and billing was being frozen due to excessive access to your account. As our customer service team communicated, our Compliance Department has reviewed your account in order to see if you qualified for reinstatement.

After a thorough investigation, it is our conclusion that your account should not be reinstated due to an access pattern which indicates potential fraud or a deliberate intent to tamper with the credit scoring system. Your access, billing and all account related email alerts have now permanently been terminated as a result.

While we regret any inconvenience this may cause you, it is our policy to protect the security and integrity of the credit reporting system.

TrueCredit Legal and Compliance Department

what is TU bumping and how does it work.?:-(

BigJohn taught me this so I feel as though I can answer it. Bumping takes place when you pull your credit report daily through a credit monitoring service such as True Credit. TransUnion only has enough space to hold data, so each time you pull your credit report, that's more space you're taking up. When new data arrives, old data has to fall off at some point so there's enough room. :)

I pull my report daily because I have disputes and DV's out there, without the intention of bumping, but as of yet not one IQ has fallen off due to my pulls.

lovebug's got it. there are two risks with bumping, 1) you may end up with a split file with EQ. What's a split file? Bumping also works for EQ, but sometimes they will split your file into two and the problem is that your score will also be split by two or doesn't even show sometimes. You can get it fixed, but it's a pain in the butt. The 2nd problem is that TC might cancel you and that cancellation may roll over to Chase Identity Protection if you try for their service. :goodluck:

Lovebug,

I pulled M-F and got cancelled yesterday, so you aren't safe.

I did, however explain that I was a victim of ID theft and my FA had recently expired and I was babysitting my CR since even with the FA, the perp tried to get credit (Juniper - 2 apps) and Juniper NEVER called ME, I had to call THEM! They have my DL, SSN card and my canceled cc's....and even though I reported the addy associated with that INQ (thank you EX), the police never went after them - so they STILL have my personal information!

CSR was like - OH! That explains it!

We will have to see what happens now. :evil:

[insert your own joke here]

-r

I pull mine so hard and so often, sometimes stuff falls off, never to return. They say it's fraud and I'm pulling a fast one, but I told them they can pull it right out of their a$$.

You know they say puns are the lowest form of humor....

I signed up for privacyguard.com few days ago. They system is sucks, not able to pull a credit report during the last 3 days ("Looks like it's time to reorder! Check out our credit specials below!"). Customer service is not better - nobody answer :).