rillibiig

crown jewlers and it's usage

CJ is good for rebuilding. Word on the streets is that if you don't carry a balance with them though, they will stop reporting your trade line to the credit bureaus. Just what I am hearing. I brought cheap set of earings and paid when the bill came so it established the trade line. They reported to all 3 initially, then like everyone else, they took the trade line off of EQ. Still reporting on EX and TU though.

Crown WILL report...but it sometimes takes a month or three.

They report as $1500 limit...with your original purchase price as your balance. So...like $25 of $1500 utilized if you buy some crummy earrings like we all end up doing.

They will keep reporting your account (every month) for about 2 years...this is the fall off period many will mention. This can be avoided if you buy something again. They will send you a few emails warning you of the closure of your account...they are good about it, noone just has their account close. If you do let it close, it will continue to report as a paid in full $1500 balance account and your positive payment history will remain on your report.

If you like (assuming you let your account close) you can simply re-apply and get approved again and they will simply add another positive tradeline...same as the first.

Hope this helps.

I'm going to by some fossil watches for the guys for christmas...I will buy them and pay them off between then and now...

Not much else worth having...

I am a Fossil watch connoisseur (yes I had to have google ask me "did you mean..." for that word). I have over 30 of them. Anyway, as gifts no one can really complain, but the only ones on their site worth having IMO are these:

FS4261

FS2920

FS4022

All the ones on the first page are kind of small for Fossil and most can be had on ebay for $30 or $40. Anything starting with AM in the number is going to be an older model. FS is a better line.

I am a Fossil watch connoisseur (yes I had to have google ask me "did you mean..." for that word). I have over 30 of them. Anyway, as gifts no one can really complain, but the only ones on their site worth having IMO are these:

FS4261

FS2920

FS4022

All the ones on the first page are kind of small for Fossil and most can be had on ebay for $30 or $40. Anything starting with AM in the number is going to be an older model. FS is a better line.

Thanks for the tip! Now I have a reason to activate my CJ account! Christmas shopping! :)

can take a while. making a payment will kick um in the butt a bit. They will report to TU and EX.. They are fighting with EQ (honestly, I think they just laid down and accepted the outcome) and do not report to them.

can take a while. making a payment will kick um in the butt a bit. They will report to TU and EX.. They are fighting with EQ (honestly, I think they just laid down and accepted the outcome) and do not report to them.

Definitely need to make a payment, however, I'm not sure if the problem is simply that they don't report to them anymore because... They had been reporting previously for me. If for some reason they decided to stop paying for their subscription with EQ that should not allow them to DELETE information already reported and paid for. :confused: :confused: :confused:

How long is "a while"? I paid my account off 3 weeks ago and still...nothing. I am SO impatient! :mrgreen:

Most of the jewelry is overpriced crap. After your first purchase is paid for you'll notice in a few months your CL goes down to $500 until you purchase something else and then it goes back up to $1500. I guess it does make for a positive TL though.

Honestly, with how easy it seems to be to get a approval out of kay, I would not bother with crown unless kay decilines you.

I was wondering if it would be worth it to apply...guess I need to search for Kay on the boards and do some reading! ;)

Has Crown done its reporting for this month yet? I know I made a payment at the end of sept. and was thinking it should be reporting this month (oct) but nothing yet.

Nothing for me...I was wondering the same thing...