Should I Request Validation ?

In February I got tmobile service through skylight wireless for my dh, bill went sky high, defaulted, receive letters from tmobile for cancellation fee and other charges, then receive collection letter from ca, not on reports yet, then today I get a certified letter from skylight wireless telling me I owe them $50.00 remainder on the phone because the phone was $129 I only paid $79 discounted and $200 cancellation fee, if $250 not received by 09/26 the will file an affidavit with Dallas County Courts.

should I worry about paying skylight wireless and them filing in the courts, if tmobile is the one providing the wireless service and has already given this to a ca?

should I have skylight wireless validate since they are acting as a collection agency? I need all the opinions I can get.