Should I DVL this?

Trying to fix mom's credit here. Anyways, she received a letter on Sep 5th from "Arrow Financial Services". This is not the first letter they've sent (so it doesn't' say anything about 30days), but as far as they know my mom doesn't exist to them since she has never had any communication with them of any kind. On top of all that, this debt is way pass the SOL in my state, its 10 years old. So do I send them a DVL in response to the letter they sent?

Here's what the letter says.

PAST DUE BALANCE

Dear ________,

At this time we are willing to settle your past due account for 25% of the total current balance and accept this amount as settlement of the referenced account. The settlement amount must be made in one payment and received by our office on or before October 3, 2007.

*** Settlement Amount $---- You Save $---- ***

To accept this offer, simply make sure that we receive the entire Settlement Amount on or before October 3, 2007. If we receive the Settlement Amount on or before October 3, 2007 and if your funds clear, we will consider your account to be settled in full and will stop all further collection efforts.

This offer expires on October 3, 2007. however, under appropriate circumstances, we may be willing to extend this settlement offer or to accept less than the Settlement Amount. Please contact us to discuss these options.

Should you have any questions please feel free to contact me at #.

Sincerely,

[signature]

[printed name]

Account Representative

This agency is engaged in the collection of debts this communication is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose. [in all cabs]

Then there is the privacy notice on the back. I don't think I need to post that, its a lot of typing anyways. If I do, let me know and I'll type it up. (damn not having a scanner!).

Sorry for the n00b post, Thanks in advance! :)