No response from oc after 30

Well looks like you have a violation of FCRA 623 (B)...

Depending on what you want out of this... you can sue, OR write another letter and attach a copy of the first and copy of return receipt where they accepted it. If you still do business with Amex, then I would try a second letter instead of suing.

here is where you can read on it... http://creditinfocenter.com/repair/DisputingWithOriginalCreditor.shtml

I would not use this letter word for word, modify it for your situation and attach a copy of the first letter and copy of return receipt where they accepted it.

If that doesn't get you a reply, then I would try filing a complaint with BBB or AG

I disputed a listing with cra. It came back verified. I sent letter to to oc (amex) to investigate over 30 days ago and no response from oc. What is my next step? Thanks

I would contact the CRA in regards to their MOV...how did they verify this information? Who did they talk to? What phone number did they call? You would like to know this so you can get the same results! :evil: I'm not sure if you sent you request to the OC prior to disputing with the CRA's or not. I know they have to verify it with you before verifying it to the CRA's. xdancex

Thanks for the help. I have followed that link Red.

1. Dispute the listing with the credit bureau (done)

2. Wait for the results of the investigation.(done)

3. If the listing is deleted or modified per your desires, you're done! (verified)

4. If the listing comes back as "verified" or not cleaned up sufficiently to your tastes, write the Original Creditor a letter to request an investigation. Wrote letter to OC no response from OC after 30. Should my next letter be to CRA for MOV, or CO to request deletion or correction.

I was in the same information with an OC. They verified with the CRA's after I had disputed and sent me a letter stating that they had no information on file for me because they had sold the account to an unknown JDB. In their letter they told me to direct all future correspondence to the JDB versus the OC, since the account was sold.

Now, per the FCRA, the data furnisher is responsible for maintaining the correct information...Which in my case is the OC, as the JDB has never reported the debt. So I wrote a "nice" (incredibly forceful) letter to the OC informing them that they are the original data furnishers and are in violation of section 623 of the FCRA. I let them know that, as the data furnishers, they cannot possibly be accurately investigating and/or verifying the information with the CRA's if I have a letter in my hand stating that they have none of "my" account information on file. Letter was sent out on Saturday, CMRRR. Will be interested to see the results, as they responded to my original letter within 4 days!

well, as I have said, my vote is for sending a second (more forceful letter) and include a copy of your first letter and copy of the receipt where they signed for it.

I can give you your MOV.... they most likely used eOscar... which means it was electronic, and they didn't even "talk" to anyone.

I just only see 2 options for you right now, send a second letter or sue them.... if it makes you feel better then write the credit bureau for MOV.

And like I said before, if the second letter gets you nothing then contact the BBB (Better Business Bureau) or your state AG (Attorney General).

Good luck to you