CRA Verfication too many on one letter?

JMVandals

I'm preparing my verification letters for the cra's and on one I have 12 and 9 and 8 collections. Is it best to group them into 3-4 per letter or can I send a letter with all 12?

Wasn't sure, and couldn't really find and answer. And does anyone have any opinion on which is more effective? I'm scared the CRA will pay less care in gathering the information and verifying (more so then usual, i guess). Or somehow it may seen... i dunno.

What are your opinions on this? The verification letter examples don't have 12 on them, so I thought I'd ask.

JM

Someone else might be able to verify this for sure, but if you break them up into 3-5 per letter, make sure you wait until those 3-5 disputes are done, then send the others. For instance, if you send 2 letters the same day for transunion, you might receive a letter saying since you sent in new info that they get 15 extra days to complete your disputes.

I think I sent a dispute letter with 4 in it to transunion, then 2 weeks later I sent MOV letter for some previous disputes. They then sent me the letter about having 15 more days since I sent in new information, even though they weren't regarding the same tradelines.

Am I making any sense here? been a long day...

I do about 3 per letter, anymore it looks like credit repair...not just corrections...wait till they come back and send a few more.

I always handwrite mine and send a copy of the report with the info lighlighted. I don't send them CMRRR the first time...when you get done then CMRRR all the rest.

I know it's time comsuming...but I have had good luck using this method...only 1 left on 2 reports, down from 10.

Good Luck

I don't like doing them 3-4 at a time because I think that's more of a red flag to the cra's. It just creates more files on your account with them. This is of course my opinion and a lot of people here seem to think differently.

I guess this is also because I see disputing with the cra's to be a sort of formality and I don't expect a whole lot from them in return. In the end though, if you dispute 3 items or 10, they process is no different in their eyes and results will be no different.

Also, how many you dispute also may depend on how you dispute. If you take 10 accounts and write "not mine" next to them, that's shady.

If you take 10 accounts and give explanations, different dispute reasons, etc, it seems more genuine.

Also, if you do plan on suing anyone, it looks better if there are only a few. It has been suggested that a judge would look at you funny if you have this whole list to repair.
You don't think that if you take a cra to court that they won't show up with your entire file showing all your disputes and communications with them?

Sure they will. The NACA attorney told me that either way they will have the list of disputes. One per time or 20 per time. BUT it matters if you have to sue a CA or an OC. If you are going after a CA and have proof that shows you are disputing with 10 others at the same time, you just look irresponsible with your credit and are trying to find a way out of it. He specifically told me that he prefers to deal with clients with only two or three blemishes. That was my lawyers opinion and it makes sense to me.

I sent out my first round of dispute letters pretty much right as I found these forums and I most likely sent them out with way too many disputes listed. However, I used the angle of...I have a fraud alert on my report for a reason and due to that reason I am attempting to verify any information that does not look familiar to me. At this point, the CRA's have all been relatively helpful in deleting but I am patiently waiting for my 30-day deadline to approach (it's comin!)...Using my method, which was most likely totally incorrect, I managed to jump my FAKO's:

11 points on TU, 30 points on EX and 24 points on EQ.

IMHO, I believe that it is partially all about how well you construct your letter and how you approach the situation.