late payments

disney

I am going to stop paying my credit cards because I am about to file Chapter 7. I don't have any creditors calling yet because I don't have any late payments. My question is when will the calls begin? Do you they usually wait until you are over 30-60 days late or do they usually send letters first. THis is the one thing that I am not looking forward to. Unfortunetly they have my direct line at the office and I was even thinking of contacting them in advance and removing my work phone number, by stating that we are not allowed to have personal phone calls.

Please help

Hey there, all of mine varied. I had about 5 credit cards and defaulted on them unfortunately and all of them started the calling process at different times. One of them called within 2 weeks of me missing a payment! One called for the first time 6 months later. The others were in the 3-4 month time frame.

I contacted all of my credit cards and had them remove my work number. I figuared that it would be easy to get it done since I am not late on any of them. I also checked to see when my earliest credit card payment is due and it is 9/29 and the rest follow for the first and second weeks in October. I am trying to get the lawyers their initial fee asap so that I an avoid the calls all together.

I defaulted on everything back in 2000. I changed all my numbers with the Creditors first. Best way to do it is to get a pay as you go cell phone or get a phone number with voice mail only service (you can find it online) get 2 of these numbers and give them to all Creditors as your home number and work number. If they still call you at your old work number then just say (YOU) no longer work at this company and give out your new number etc.

Also don't forget to call the 3 CRA and ask them to remove your personal information such as Employer and Phone number. Personal Information removal does not need any verification.