Should i ask for a block under 605(b)

redbull

Ok, so my battle with AFNI is not going well. They claim four different accounts. I filed BBB and so far i have got no where, I have disputed, I ahve sent DV's and so forth.

The thing is I have accounts with the OC's but they were all closed and in good standings, the OC's can find nothing.

I got a half a$$ DV response from them through the BBB complaint, and two of the accounts (OC Cingular) were from when I was in Baghdad.

Since I have not been provided with any hard proof they are mine, and I do not honestly believe they are mine. Is there a downside to asking for a block from the CRA's on these accounts?

Thanks everyone

update so far

August 13-2007

TU EX EQ

TOTAL ACCOUNTS: 36 27 37

OPEN ACCOUNTS: 11 3 12

CLOSED ACCOUNTS: 25 24 25

DELINQUENT: 0 1 3

DEROGATORY: 17 10 12

today

TU EX EQ

TOTAL ACCOUNTS: 28 23 33

OPEN ACCOUNTS: 5 3 11

CLOSED ACCOUNTS: 23 20 22

DELINQUENT: 0 1 3

DEROGATORY: 10 8 8

Orignal post by: redbull

Since I have not been provided with any hard proof they are mine, and I do not honestly believe they are mine. Is there a downside to asking for a block from the CRA's on these accounts?

I'd write a DV letter asking for assignment (bill of sale). It sounds like you already have but they did not produce. Write another DV letter, always CMRRR, and ask again. If and when they send a summons use their refusal to validate the assignment in your Counterclaims.