Capital One should be PIF closed but received a bill

poundcke

Hi all,

I had a capital one card which I paid in full very late 120 days or more.

A collection agency was calling me on it but it was not sold to them.

I paid it in full in March 07 (tried to get a PFD but that didn't work.)

They are still showing my account as open but with a $0 limit and now are trying to charge me their renewal fees.

What should I do? Should I pay it and keep it open? Do I have any leverage to get lates removed or this taken off my report?

Thanks.

The prob with Cap one is that they are known for reporting your credit limit as the balance... so basically you are always maxed out. If you can get a 1st Premier, Orchard or tribute, they are better for your report.

Cap One is now reporting credit limits. Orchard I've never had, but it would be the better route to go. Its a secured card. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT go with First Premier. They give you a 250 CL that it totally eaten up with fees and you get a card with $70 worth of credit until you pay off all the fees. Save the $$ and use all of that for a secured card to start with.