PIF ON A COLLECTION brings score down?

rillibiig

just wanted to know anyones experience with a PIF on a collection, will it hurt your score or help?

Hello, paid in full (PIF) does NOT or will NOT have any effect on your score. Thus you really should try, if you havent done the PIF, for PFD (paid for deletion). This, on the other hand, will have an effect on your score. Hope this helps somewhat.

thanks for the info....quess what I did to counter my mistake of paying? after I read what you guys said I instantly found the e-mail of the president of qt(the oc) and mailed him a certified letter stating that I had paid the CA in full and that they said they couldnt delete the account....basically it was a goodwill to the pres.. anyway some guy e-mailed me back two days later and said that he had called M.A.R.S and told them to remove the account!!!!! understand I was only trying this because you guys said i was f..... how about that? and all this was done before Thhe CA could report the PIF...on the collection

I might try that again with progressive: pay the $139 get a paid in full from the collection agency..then quickly before the CA can report (A NO GOOD PAID IN FULL)send a goodwill and the PIF I got,to the pres. of progressive and see if it'll work again......