Date Assigned vs Date of 1st Delinquency

toImproveMyCredit

I have a collection account, as I have said it before, and according to the Date of 1 st Delinquency, it is scheduled to fall off in early 2008. However, the date of assigned is 3/2007, changed by the CA on my CR. I have the following questions:

1. does the date of assigned reset the clock over the Date of 1 st Delinquency?

2. since they changed the date of assigned, is this a violation?

thank you for your help as always.

1. does the date of assigned reset the clock over the Date of 1 st Delinquency?

No. The DOFD is expressly defined by law and should not change.

2. since they changed the date of assigned, is this a violation?

No. It's the date of the collection account. If they change the DOFD, it is then a violation.

-r

No. The DOFD is expressly defined by law and should not change.

No. It's the date of the collection account. If they change the DOFD, it is then a violation.

-r

I see, I get it now. My score dropped because of this recent date assigned, since they changed it. I think the software recognizes the recent date or something. Anyhow, I was expecting to talk to some people with knowledge when i called. This dude told me that since this account was 'assinged" to a new collection agency, regardless of the DOFD, i have to count another 7 years from 2007. I told him that i just read the law from the government's site. He kept saying, i was wrong...what a shame...

Thanks for posting this. I have an old DOFD (5 years plus) -- CapOne. Past SOL. I recently re-fin'd house and they started reporting again after about 4 years of nothing. There are no CA stuff at all due to my use of disputing and validating techniques. Can I get the credit bureau to delete this?

The SOL for credit cards in Washington is 6 years, so you should be okay, legally speaking. But, SOL and DOFD are two different things, as it is mentioned below.

The SOL for credit cards in Washington is 6 years, so you should be okay, legally speaking. But, SOL and DOFD are two different things, as it is mentioned below.

Yikes, SOL used to be 3 years. In fact on this site under "Statute of Limitations" link, it still says 3 years (credit cards are open ended accounts). Did I miss some case law that came down?

Yikes, SOL used to be 3 years. In fact on this site under "Statute of Limitations" link, it still says 3 years (credit cards are open ended accounts). Did I miss some case law that came down?

There IS NO CASE LAW.

RCW 4.16.040 is the "Limitation of Actions" - 6 years.

RCW 4.16.040

Actions limited to six years.

*** CHANGE IN 2007 *** (SEE 1145.SL) ***

The following actions shall be commenced within six years:

(1) An action upon a contract in writing, or liability express or implied arising out of a written agreement.

(2) An action upon an account receivable incurred in the ordinary course of business.

(3) An action for the rents and profits or for the use and occupation of real estate.

[1989 c 38 § 1; 1980 c 105 § 2; 1927 c 137 § 1; Code 1881 § 27; 1854 p 363 § 3; RRS § 157.]

WA State judges seem to define CC agreements as pertaining to the 6 year SOL - due to the "written instrument" wording...just FYI

Check out the other WA state law links in my siggy.