Am sooo disappointed. At a loss! Please help!

Nascar3

I have called a few attorneys today and haven't had any luck. One told me it wouldn't be worth my while to sue as he charges $150 an hour and doesn't work on contingency. I have called a few others and left messages. The ones so far I have spoken to, don't deal with these cases. I'm sooo down. Can anyone direct me to the right place? Or instruct me on how to sue Portfolio on my own?? I am so down I can't even type anymore....

Don't lose hope. This is when you need to start thinking "outside of the box" so to speak. :) I had trouble with a Cap One that was not mine and I also pleaded with my AG and it was finally taken off my report. I don't know what your situation is but make sure you have a pile of documentation to show a judge. Have you tried looking at the list from the NACA listing? Most lawyers on this list are familiar and some have experience with the FDCPA & FCRA. When I was considering suing Cap One I was talking to one from the NACA list. I did not sue since it would have been a very long process with Cap One but AG was able to help get them off my report.

Well, there are several posts from me on here regarding this situation and what I have done. However, here goes...I have disputed with each of the CRA's at least 4-5 times (except Experian who stopped me after the first dispute), wrote a validation letter which was ignored, complained to the BBB, which was also ignored, complained to the MO AG and the VA Office of Consumer Affairs. Each time that Portfolio has received a complaint they have added more damaging info to my credit files. As of this moment, they are triplicated on Equifax, each a bit different and on Experian they have changed the OC, changed the balance and included a note that the debt was discharged in bankruptcy!

Nascar,

What do you want out of it; money or deletion or both?

To remove, I would write a complaint to the AG, FTC, BBB and anyone else you can think of listing out line by line the violations. AG should get it deleted. Once deleted, then move forward with any lawsuit if a goal is money.

I am new to this board so I have not read any of your other post.

Now you mention the fact it was IIB?

Was it included and discharged in BK because if so then its a whole different ballgame then a regular TL.

No, it is a plain old collection account (a bogus one, at that, IMO). I have NEVER had anything to do with any form of bankruptcy. It is one of their "tactics" to make my credit appear worse than it already is. As I stated, everytime I dispute they add something to make my credit more damaged. The bankruptcy comment that was added by them was a direct response to my complaint to the VA Dept of Consumer Affairs. It is plain old bull$hit!

Hi nascar, Just my .02 cents I looked through your posts on this one. Seems you have four choices. 1). Let your AG deal with it. 2). Let CAP ONE continue their BS. 3). Sue them yourself. 4). Hire a lawyer...which you say is financially prohibitive for you. Leaving only 3 choices.

In any case that you KNOW you are 110% correct, it seems you are. Don’t let pro se intimidate you. I have had my problems w/CAP ONE. In my experience with these bag of nuts. They only listen to a ITS or a summons. I am not just giving lip service; follow the link below. Perhaps some of the info may help it is my thread with other links enclosed.

http://www.debtorboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=4952.0

This stopped them in their tracks and I will hold the CRA’s liable as well. If CAP ONE reports now…it is a slam dunk. Personally I would send an all encompassing C&D/FOAD/KMA and ITS (I did it). It is time to hold their feet to the fire.

Cheers

P.S-Head up my friend