How bad is it not getting CMMR?

I went to send out 3 DV's today. I just couldnt give up the almost $20 to do it :( I did send one CMMR but the other 2 went with a regular stamp. How bad is this? I am willing to pay if it is somthing that is very important. I just figured if I got no response Id just send another one Certified. I know Id have to wait another 30 days, but I guess it would be worth it if time was the only issue. Just wanted to get your advice on this! THANKS you guys are a ton of help! This is my first set of DV's (they have been verfied by at least one CRA so far).

Maybee next time I will think about sending just one at a time so the $ doesnt sound so bad. LOL

The CMMRR is important b/c if they dont respond within a decent time frame you can writre another CMMR letter and explain to them that I sent you cMRR ltr XXXXXX and your picked it up on X day etc etc. If they still dont respond you can send a 3rd and final letter...after that, you take those copies along with copies of the green card that they received them and send them to the big 3 asking them to remove and here is your proof that you took due diligence in getting more info with no avail.

It all depends. I have sent only a few things CMRRR but have sent over 40 letters out. I fax (to get confirmation), mail out and keep copies of letters and dates - when I go to the post office I pay there at the counter instead of using stamps, it has the zip code on the receipt as proof of mailing.

Don't worry about it -- if you don't have the money just do the regular way. What doesn't work, you can go back and CMRRR. I haven't had one dispute me yet on them receiving it from me. Most have responded to my letter, which proves they got it.

FYI - sending to the big 3 copies of the green cards will not get them to remove the item.

You have no proof that you sent the DV in a timely fashion. You can't just send another CMRRR, since you would be outside of the 30 day window. You can't skip the CMRRR (or other common carrier like FedEx), it is the legal standard for proof. However, if it's not a timely DV, it doesn't matter.

-r

If you just send the letter certified without a return receipt you can track the status at usps.com by just inserting the certified number in the tracking box.

I love it because you can see whether it was forwarded to a different address, if they leave a notice because they wont accept it and when they picked it up. I also print a copy of the status and staple it to my certified stub. Use the additional details button, too. Try tracking one you've already sent. This service also came in handy when I missed a certified letter being sent back to me and the post office didnt have the senders name and address. It drove me crazy to wait until the next day. Then it dawned on me to use the USPS tracker. I slept good that night knowing what it was before the next day. Hopefully this will help save you a few pennies.

I stopped counting CMRRR cost at over $300. But the way I look at it, I paid $500 including credit report cost to get over $15,000 of bad debt off my credit report. Well worth the cost. But I can understand how different people are in a different situation and might not have the funds available.

One thing I've noticed after not getting a response from the CRA's after 30 days (CSC is horrible about not doing it within 30 days) is that sometimes I don't have the green card in front of me when I call up the CRA and they ask when when I sent the dispute in...I say your agent signed for it on XXXX date. They never question my date but they respond with well we didn't process it until XXXX date in our system. I tell them it's not my fault your department is not efficent in processing disputes in a timely manner and I want my results mailed today. Ideally how are they going to know you sent something in CMRRR? I doubt they kept the envelope it came in. Maybe there's an option in their scanning system to mark a dispute as sent by CMRRR but I doubt it.