If CA validates debt...

stephlynne

If they Validate next ? is it SOL? If in fact they gave you a good Validation at least you know it is yours and you can talk settlement or play duck and hide till the SOL runs unless your unfortunate enough to live in KY then you are in debetors pergatory when it comes to SOL cause you are sol LOL.

Welcome!

Moriah

Thanks you guys!

Well I'm in AZ so I think the SOL is 7 years, I'm guessing from the time that it was put into collections? If that's the case I probably still have like 3 years left to go, and I want to buy a house before then! I read a comment from someone that said they did not recommend doing DV if the SOL was not up. ?? I don't know what to do! I have seriously horrible credit and a lot of accounts in collections. Most of them say charge off. I'm going to get my credit report today so I can try to figure this out...

Thanks you guys!

Well I'm in AZ so I think the SOL is 7 years, I'm guessing from the time that it was put into collections? If that's the case I probably still have like 3 years left to go, and I want to buy a house before then! I read a comment from someone that said they did not recommend doing DV if the SOL was not up. ?? I don't know what to do! I have seriously horrible credit and a lot of accounts in collections. Most of them say charge off. I'm going to get my credit report today so I can try to figure this out...

the SOL starts from the date of first delinquency, usually 30 days after your last payment (do a search b/c I'm not going to go into the technicalities). AZ has a 3 or 6 year SOL, depending on the debt.

Wow, you have had 36 collections deleted since February? That's crazy; I hope I can figure out how to get mine taken care of too.

I'm not sure what the date of the first delinquency is for some of them, but I am definitely going to find out about the SOL in AZ. Do you think it is better to wait until the SOL is up or does it matter?

Wow, you have had 36 collections deleted since February? That's crazy; I hope I can figure out how to get mine taken care of too.

I'm not sure what the date of the first delinquency is for some of them, but I am definitely going to find out about the SOL in AZ. Do you think it is better to wait until the SOL is up or does it matter?

IMO, I would not wake a sleeping giant that your not ready to settle with if it came down to that vs. a judgment. If you are using truecredit to monitor your credit, you can go to the online dispute as if you are going to do a dispute and on the dispute page, you will see "estimated time this item will be removed". You can take that date and subtract 7 years from it to determine the DOFD as an estimate. I'm originally from AZ also, and the SOL is going to be 6 years for written contracts and 3 for everything else. If you have a CC debt, I would error on the side of caution and stick with the 6 year SOL since a lot of cases are being won by arguing that CC are based on "written instruments".

IMO, I would not wake a sleeping giant that your not ready to settle with if it came down to that vs. a judgment. If you are using truecredit to monitor your credit, you can go to the online dispute as if you are going to do a dispute and on the dispute page, you will see "estimated time this item will be removed". You can take that date and subtract 7 years from it to determine the DOFD as an estimate. I'm originally from AZ also, and the SOL is going to be 6 years for written contracts and 3 for everything else. If you have a CC debt, I would error on the side of caution and stick with the 6 year SOL since a lot of cases are being won by arguing that CC are based on "written instruments".

Well, I may be willing to settle with some of them, but only on the condition that they are deleted. I am not currently using anything to monitor my credit, I thought you just had to get a credit report every time you wanted to know your score...:) I'm pretty new to all of this, but I'm trying to figure it out...

Well, I may be willing to settle with some of them, but only on the condition that they are deleted. I am not currently using anything to monitor my credit, I thought you just had to get a credit report every time you wanted to know your score...:) I'm pretty new to all of this, but I'm trying to figure it out...

If you are willing to pay if it came down to it, regardless of the fact that they may or may not delete, I would dispute them. In most cases, if they haven't sued you yet, they are going to just b/c of a dispute, although it does happen. As far as a PFD (pay for delete) goes, I have attempted to settle all of my debts by paying in full if they would delete, not a single one went for it. The only PFD I have successfully negotiated was after I built up a strong lawsuit against them then sent a copy of my complaint to be filed with the courts. I gave them 7 days to accept an offer of 55% of the alleged debt and they folded.

:goodluck:

If you are willing to pay if it came down to it, regardless of the fact that they may or may not delete, I would dispute them. In most cases, if they haven't sued you yet, they are going to just b/c of a dispute, although it does happen. As far as a PFD (pay for delete) goes, I have attempted to settle all of my debts by paying in full if they would delete, not a single one went for it. The only PFD I have successfully negotiated was after I built up a strong lawsuit against them then sent a copy of my complaint to be filed with the courts. I gave them 7 days to accept an offer of 55% of the alleged debt and they folded.

:goodluck:

So when you say 'dispute' are you talking about DV? What happens if I have not responded within the 30 days they say I have in the letters they send? Can I still dispute it? If most CA are not willing to delete the only other option is just to wait until the SOL is up?

Thank you so much for helping me out!! :D

So when you say 'dispute' are you talking about DV? What happens if I have not responded within the 30 days they say I have in the letters they send? Can I still dispute it? If most CA are not willing to delete the only other option is just to wait until the SOL is up?

Thank you so much for helping me out!! :D

Dispute happens with the CRA's or with a CA on an untimely DV. DV is what happens on a timely DV. If you missed the window with a DV then you must dispute with the CRA's and if it comes back verified, then you dispute with the CA's.

Okay so I guess my best course of action would be to send the letter to the CRA first then. Is it the same letter I would send to the CA or something different for the CRA??

All you have to do with the CRAs is this.

creditor name

Acct#

dispute reason

Scumbag CA

Acct#1121121

This is not my account and I want it deleted.

Make sure you include a copy of your DL.