What is the Best Way To Dispute?

lovelydria

Welcome Neighbor!

Some like it hot and others like it cold! Many have had good luck with disputes on line. But one thing you need is a paper trail. You need to be able to prove that XYZ recieved your letter on 8/14/07 and you really aren't able to do that with online disputes. Initally to see what falls off and what comes back verified. Then you know where you are going. I don't see a problem either way.

Do get your self hard copies of your credit reports to work from though they have so much information that you may not get otherwise.

Be specific in your disputes and request for validation. Remember that CRA's and OC's both get disputed and CA's get validated that drove me nuts for a while.

When you dispute to a CRA be specific about what you are disputing and tell them what you would like to have done with it. They may not do it but tell them nicely anyway.

Good Luckxdancex

Moriah

I've done both and have had good success with online w/ phone followup for any that didn't get taken off.

Some people may need to go to court eventually to sue the CA, so if that is the case I would do mail. Most of mine were ID theft where than ran up utility bills and old my own medical collection bills where charity care was not applied to the account and should have been. If I was disputing something finance (like a CC) related where they could possibly sue me or I could see the CA I would do mail.