Should I request CR by phone or mail?

nevragainwillIusecc

I got two out of the three credit reports I requested. That made me feel real good.

However, when I tried getting my report from Trans Union it stated: cannot give out personal statement for some security reasons (they don't give them out online). I'm starting the DV process as you know, and brokeinok -you said to dispute with the Credit Bureaus at the same time I send out my DV letter to that attorney. My question is do I request it by mail or by phone? I hate doing it by phone as I won't have any substantial evidence in my hands if you know what I mean.

I'm on a time crunch. I must have everything done and sent out by the end of this month. Any suggestions? Should I just put in a dispute with the other two agencies for now and send out the DV letter? Thank you so much!

Go to the transunion website it is easier! Go to transunion.com and request to file a dispute you will be able to view online. If you want you can start a dispute. Just say the the balance is incorrect in order to get a current report sent to you! Get it?

I wish I coud do that! But, how can you file a dispute if you can't even view it? What I'm saying is they WON'T let you view it online for security purposes. You can either do it by mail or over the phone. But, it takes 2-3 weeks to get it through the mail. And, it's to my understanding that I must sent the DV letter to that attorney at the same time I dispute with all 3 CB's?!?! Right?

IMO, I would just sent a dispute off to all of 3 CRA's disputing anything you believe might be on the report you can't get. Once they investigation is over, they will provide a new report. If, by chance, you dispute something that isn't even on your report, you will get back a response saying, "this item doesn't list on your CR" but you'll still get a new report!

:goodluck:

IMO, I would just sent a dispute off to all of 3 CRA's disputing anything you believe might be on the report you can't get. Once they investigation is over, they will provide a new report. If, by chance, you dispute something that isn't even on your report, you will get back a response saying, "this item doesn't list on your CR" but you'll still get a new report!

:goodluck:

I'm sorry-but I don't know what IMO stands for! I'm such a dummy when it comes to stuff like that. And when you say CRA-you mean Credit Bureaus right? So, you're saying even though Trans Union won't provide me with my Credit Report online I should request it how? By phone or mail? I need to send out the DV letter to the attorney and the other 2 credit agencies by the end of this month. And if I request a report from Trans Union by mail it'll take 2-3 weeks! Should I just dispute over the phone with them, and be done?

I'm sorry-but I don't know what IMO stands for! I'm such a dummy when it comes to stuff like that. And when you say CRA-you mean Credit Bureaus right? So, you're saying even though Trans Union won't provide me with my Credit Report online I should request it how? By phone or mail? I need to send out the DV letter to the attorney and the other 2 credit agencies by the end of this month. And if I request a report from Trans Union by mail it'll take 2-3 weeks! Should I just dispute over the phone with them, and be done?

IMO = In my opinion

CRA = Credit Repoting Agency

Yes, even though TU won't give you your report online, you can send a dispute letter to them disputing anything you feel like disputing (go off something that's on both of the other reports). Once TU finishes the investigation, you will get a copy of your latest report, however, it won't have scores.

IMO = In my opinion

CRA = Credit Repoting Agency

Yes, even though TU won't give you your report online, you can send a letter dispute them them disputing anything you feel like disputing (go off something that's on both of the other reports). Once TU finishes the investigation, you will get a copy of your latest report, however, it won't have scores.

Thank you so much for your help! I will keep everyone posted. I'm sure I will be around this Forum for a lonngggggggg time!