Update--It's been a while...

robynhgl

I've really missed this place! Besides all of the terrific advice, the people here are really special.

I've checked-in from time to time, but haven't had enough time to really let all of you know how I did on my credit - clean-up!

Okay--I started off in April of 2007 with:

XPN- 531 (FICO)

TRA- 494 (FICO)

EFX- 489 (FICO)

Not too pretty.

As of two weeks ago:

XPN- 645 (FICO)

TRA- 708 (FICO)

EFX- 664 (FICO)

In all, I had a judgement removed from all three reports, an old tax lein--never did figure out where it came from or who it actually belonged to, and approximately 14 uglies taken off of each report.

The only remaining 'uglies' I have are from Arrow Financial and Cavalry Portfolio...and we all know about those guys. I have one account on each of them that is due to drop off in November--but I did ask if they could review it now and possibly remove it early as the DOFD is questionable.

I got a loan from my local credit union for a new (used) motorcycle, the trade line is just now being reported. I still don't have a credit card but my MIL added me as an authorized user on two of her accounts so those should show up in the next few weeks (I hope).

As for the Cav and Arrow--I contacted my state's AG and filed a complaint against each one. Apparently--the state deals with lots and lots of complaints against these dorks. I was told that once the attorney general's office asks for verification the CA's usually find an 'error' in their system, apologize profusely and remove the line from the CR's.

In case you're wondering how I did it...I did the long method with my hubby's CR's--successful, but not easy. Because I had devoted so much time and energy to his I decided to dispute my reports via phone the first time. Most of the stuff was removed. I then took what was left and disputed on-line and that took care of just about everything else.

The only thing I can do now to improve my scores would be to add tradelines and get a good payment history going, the only way I go go from here is up!

I really do owe it to the people here and the information on this site. Without you people I'd still be spinning my wheels and going no where, I'd have given up because it seems like the deck is stacked against us as far as the credit industry is concerned.

I guess I don't have the words in me to fully express how much I appreciate the people here and the ease of using this site. Thanks soooo much...

Robyn

I still don't have a credit card but my MIL added me as an authorized user on two of her accounts so those should show up in the next few weeks (I hope).

You'll want to get a secured card asap. AU is being phased out by the good folks at FICO (if it hasn't already) and it won't be figured in your score. Plus, just having a revolving account will give you a 20pt. boost in your score.

You'll want to get a secured card asap. AU is being phased out by the good folks at FICO (if it hasn't already) and it won't be figured in your score. Plus, just having a revolving account will give you a 20pt. boost in your score.

Thanks for that info. When did this come about?

Hey do you you know if it will be retroactive or not? IE will the payment history just stop or will they delete it altogether?

I did some checking, the line will still show up, but they won't be factored in the overall score. One of the CRA's (I believe it's either Equifax or Experian) was supposed to be using the new program begining this month 9-2007. The other two are supposed to begin using the program in early 2008. Different articles offer different information so it's sort of a guess as to which information is absolutely correct.

I am wondering tho, even if the TL is not factored into the score--it still shows up, can it still be used to determine a payment history? I ask this because the major drawback regarding my ability to secure new credit is that I have had no TL's or history since 1999 with the exception of my recent motorcycle loan, however, they only report to TransUnion.