JUDgment question.

rmiryre

I got a default judgement on 2/28/05 for ignorant or for not known about laws I never pay attention to this.This past week I received a latter from the collection agency telling me that they are in the process of seize my car.

I called this morning to make a payment plan or to have any kind of work this out,and they refused to,the "atorney" was very rude toward me.I asked him for a debt collector license number and he told me that they don't have one and they don't need it.

Is this true?

And what other thing can I do to avoid the seize of my car?

I got a default judgement on 2/28/05 for ignorant or for not known about laws I never pay attention to this.This past week I received a latter from the collection agency telling me that they are in the process of seize my car.

I called this morning to make a payment plan or to have any kind of work this out,and they refused to,the "atorney" was very rude toward me.I asked him for a debt collector license number and he told me that they don't have one and they don't need it.

Is this true?

And what other thing can I do to avoid the seize of my car?

maybe not in your state, but before they can start taking stuff away, there has to be a hearing to determine what they can take and what they can not. FL is consumer-friendly when it comes to exemptions....