Afni - Any advice?

scbk26

Hi,

I just received a settlement letter from Afni and decided to give them a call to negotiate a pay for delete; the gentleman on the line stated that it was illegal to remove accurate items. He stated if I pay the settlement amount, it will remain on my CR as "settle paid in full" How should I move forward with removing this off my CR?

Hi,

I just received a settlement letter from Afni and decided to give them a call to negotiate a pay for delete; the gentleman on the line stated that it was illegal to remove accurate items. He stated if I pay the settlement amount, it will remain on my CR as "settle paid in full" How should I move forward with removing this off my CR?

have they validated the item? it's not illegal to delete an item that has not been validated. To get around this, I usually say something like:

While we are in disagreement of the validity of this alleged debt, I would like to offer a settlement in order to bring swift closure to this matter. I will require a full deletion of the debt and a promise to never attempt to collect, sell, transfer, assign any unpaid portion of this alleged settlement. This offer is solely an attempt to resolve a dispute between two parties and a possible lawsuit my be filed if a compromise is not accepted.

I just shot this off the hip, but you get the idea.