How to prove that you sent letter to CA or CRA?

par

Those methods can work, but I think you have less ammunition with those as its easier to fake verification.

With a fax you can get a printed fax receipt, but then if that is needed to prove any case you have to verify the number sent is indeed the number... as with email....

I think your safer going with good ol USPS. If your concerned about the high cost of Return Receipt (which I was!!!) you can send it Registered and you can opt to have electronic Return Receipt, which is only $0.85 extra instead of the $4.00 extra. Thats what I do!

Then, once the document is signed for they send a PDF email with the persons signature right to your email.

:)++

Someone suggested to me in another post, to just mail the letter at the desk at the Post Office instead of putting a stamp on it. I guess they put the zip code on your reciept, so thats enough proof of mailing and date. Anyone have any input on this? THANKS :)

I also very much like the registered mail idea as above, Ill be trying that also!! THANKS.

Someone suggested to me in another post, to just mail the letter at the desk at the Post Office instead of putting a stamp on it. I guess they put the zip code on your reciept, so thats enough proof of mailing and date. Anyone have any input on this? THANKS :)

I don't know if just having a zipcode is enough... there could be more than one company in one zip code... I may be wrong though.

Someone suggested to me in another post, to just mail the letter at the desk at the Post Office instead of putting a stamp on it. I guess they put the zip code on your reciept, so thats enough proof of mailing and date. Anyone have any input on this? THANKS

That is just proof you mailed it. Tough sell to the judge. Good ole' reliable CMRRR. Even if they don't accept the CMRRR you can still prove it was delivered. Most CA know exactly what a CMRRR contains..a paper trail.

Cheers

Faxes have worked for me, CMRRR as well. Even online disputes. lately I have been going the "fax" route. Don't ask me why. I get lazy at times (don't want to go to the post office). As long as the CRAs and CAs respond, I'll stick with it especially if I am getting results!

No one ever said you couldn't record the calls. Even in a two party consent state. I would impose my right to record the call for transcript purposes.

*side bar on the transcripts- if you end up in court and introduce the transcripts as evidence. Defense will try to repulse the transcript or should...umm your honor the transcript was taken from a recording for the purposes of the transcipt/s. I have the recordings and would like to introduce them as evidence supporting the transcripts. It won't matter if the judge grants the motion or not. The seed of fact has been planted.

Some two party states allow you to record if you are the one called.

To take it a step further; if you are calling a business that records conversations I submit that in itself is implied consent for you to record. You do so I do, cut and dry.

The reason most advocate NOT talking to a CA is so that the "least sophisticated consumer" does not open mouth insert foot and can be overwhelmed with CA aggressive tactics.

If you know how to deal w/a CA on the phone talk away. I do. If you want to run a CA off the phone let him know he is being recorded!

Others may have a different opinion on recording calls..so be it. This is the way I do business and I assume the risks if any.

Let us take OJ Simpson for a moment Recording=Jail

Cheers

I have the proof but no one has replied to me except by phone....based on the readings here phone dialect is forbidden when dealing with the CA's can anyone suggest what I should do now since they are ONLY contacting me by phone?

Yes. Send them a "limited" cease and desist letter. Inform them that:

1) You can't accept phone calls at work, as your employer does not allow it;

2) You do not conduct financial business over the phone;

3) All calls to your residence are recorded.

The above notice achieves the following:

1) Meets the FDCPA requirements for no phone calls at work;

2) Establishes that you won't discuss the debt over the phone, hence there is no reason to call you other than to harass.

3) Only the stupidest CAs will call if they think they are being recorded.

-r

I appreciate that,,,,is there a place i can find a good template for this letter so I dont sound like a complete idiot lol. I suppose I could also answer the phone later today and tomorrow and let them know im at work, i dont discuss money on the phone and im recording, lol. i sure hope to get these CA's settled and off my darn record soon.....