So I got my credit reports...

stephlynne

I got my credit reports from Experian and TransUnion ( I have to send in a written request for the Equifax one for some reason...). There are several things on here that I don't understand! I have an auto loan through Drive Financial and it shows they do an inquiry every single month since the time I got the loan - is that normal? Also, a couple of the CA have made inquiries. I had no idea they could just check your credit without you even knowing.

Almost all of them have a 'last reported' date of within the last few months. Does that affect anything?

I got my credit reports from Experian and TransUnion ( I have to send in a written request for the Equifax one for some reason...). There are several things on here that I don't understand! I have an auto loan through Drive Financial and it shows they do an inquiry every single month since the time I got the loan - is that normal? Also, a couple of the CA have made inquiries. I had no idea they could just check your credit without you even knowing.

Almost all of them have a 'last reported' date of within the last few months. Does that affect anything?

the first part of the inquiries listed on your report is what count against your score, so I am thinking your car loan creditor is not probably one of them thus it does not hurt your score.

Oh, okay - you're right it is in the second section - thanks!

I'm just starting this whole process of trying to repair my credit, so some of my questions may seem stupid, but I'm learning! I have about 13 accounts in collections (maybe more?) and I just want to try to get rid of them. The SOL will not be up on most of them until 2011, which really sucks. I read a comment from someone saying that they do not recommend doing DV unless the SOL is up...any thoughts on this?

I'm just starting this whole process of trying to repair my credit, so some of my questions may seem stupid, but I'm learning! I have about 13 accounts in collections (maybe more?) and I just want to try to get rid of them. The SOL will not be up on most of them until 2011, which really sucks. I read a comment from someone saying that they do not recommend doing DV unless the SOL is up...any thoughts on this?

My take is to always dv to protect your right sol or not. This is just my opinion. Good luck!

My take is to always dv to protect your right sol or not. This is just my opinion. Good luck!

Thanks:) I guess I have to dispute it with the CRA first since most of them are untimely.

I had a judgment back in 8/2004 which I actually paid. It still appears on my CR and it does not even say it's been paid. It says date resolved: NA. Is there a way I can get that taken off since it's been paid? Or if the note that it has been paid would it even make a difference? Also one of my other cc collections (for BofA) has my balance or account history listed on the CR. Can I still DV that?

its okay, just take it step-by-step. By the way, you should know the main difference between SOL and DOFD:

SOL: the legal time limit the creditors have to come after you, depending on the kind of account and your state.

DOFD: the reporting time for the negative information after the DOFD, which is 7 years for most collections and charge offs.