Here's The Situation......

Try4Gr8Credit

Been doing my credit repair thing and thanks to everyone here it's been going good. Now like others I am anxious and addicted. My uncle asked me about his so I said what the heck let's see what I can do with his with the help of you guys.

My knowledge is limited on how to deal with collections, SOL's and DOFD vs. DOLA's. I need some you CICer's to sharpen your skills on this:

CA - OC - DOLA- Status

Applied Bank - ? - 2/02 - CO

FBCS - Sprint - 9/06 - C

Nationwide Credit - Directv - 10/06 - c

Credit Protection Assoc - Comcast - 7/05 - c

Central Fincl - Medical - 1/06 - c

Jersey coast Assoc. - Medical -? -c

Does anybody have any angles on these companies? Sort of like the nco / Lisa signore hustle.

What is the SOL for PA? Does it start with DOLA or DOFD?

AMERICREDIT FINANCIAL SERVICES

(AMERICREDIT) 801 CHERRY ST STE 3900 FORT WORTH, TX 76102

Americredit Corp.

(Americredit Financial) 1975 S Price Rd Chandler, AZ 85248

Asset Acceptance, LLC

(Asset Acceptance Capital Corp.) 28405 Van Dyke Warren, MI 48093

Has anybody you know of had any luck with them in terms of removing paid collections?

I know I know those are the toughest to do. What is their motivation?

But what I come to find out is that its not the content of the letter, (G-Dub), it,s who you send it to.

I'll try to get a name from a cooperative person at each company.:)++

He should pay for Comcast and Direct TV otherwise they won't give him service in the future, if he ever wants it. They probably aren't reporting directly to the CRA's, and if they are, payment will usually get them to remove the accounts.

My friend owed Comcast $800, but when she bought a new house and tried to get a hook up, they wouldn't do it because the old account was attached to her SS#. She paid it, got service, and has nothing on her reports about the delinquent account.

:(

I think I may have to go edit my earlier post to you in that other thread....

Well, it's true that I'm Comcastic! ;) However, I don't own the company or anything, I'm just a lineman... you know, the guy that has to go fix the cable at 3am when some drunk takes out a pole.

Ahhhhh! I live such a glamorous life!

-r

Well, it's true that I'm Comcastic! ;) However, I don't own the company or anything, I'm just a lineman... you know, the guy that has to go fix the cable at 3am when some drunk takes out a pole.

Ahhhhh! I live such a glamorous life!

-r

My worst enemies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My cable mysteriously went out one Sunday morning. I called customer service, they said they couldn't send a signal to the modem, but would send out a technician. Technician came out (which of course I had to stay home from work for), went into the basement, wandered around the outside of the house, around the library, etc. Found nothing wrong. The second guy went up the pole and found a problem that was a result of work on someone else's line.

Ever since, our internet (only internet, not tv) goes out every night between 8-9pm. Comcast has no explanation and seems to have no desire to address or fix the problem.

I HATE Comcast. Unfortunately, the town I live in has a "friend of Comcast" (if you know what I mean) on the board and therefore no other providers are licenced in our town, so I'm stuck. I want out!!! :twisted:

Sorry to hijack the thread...::jacked::

What part of PA are you in? Ya' don't have to be specific...

My cable mysteriously went out one Sunday morning. I called customer service, they said they couldn't send a signal to the modem, but would send out a technician. Ever since, our internet (only internet, not tv) goes out every night between 8-9pm. Comcast has no explanation and seems to have no desire to address or fix the problem.

I'm really sorry, you should not be having repeated problems. You should not have to put up with crappy service. Heck, I'll come over and fix it for ya' ;) If it isn't working properly, call again. When the tech comes out, ask for his supervisor's number. It may be a system problem that the techs can't repair. Intermittent problems can be very hard to fix. Anyhow...

When this happens, what does the modem look like? How many lights are on? Does OnDemand on your cable box work?

Unfortunately, the town I live in has a "friend of Comcast" (if you know what I mean) on the board and therefore no other providers are licensed in our town, so I'm stuck.

Yep, that franchise fee you pay in PA goes right to the municipality and there aren't many cable companies willing to go head-to-head with Comcast.

-r

Sorry for the rant. Comcast has been such a headache recently. It's really annoying.

So, to answer your questions...

I live in DelCo.

When the internet goes out, the modem has just three lights, all solid.

If I unplug it for five minutes, it comes back on.

OnDemand works when the internet doesn't.

When I spoke to a supervisor last time, they blamed the wireless router. That's been switched out and the problem remains. :(

I will admit that it seems to be getting a bit better. The internet only goes out just 2 or 3 times a week now (at least that I know of).