Judgment

fordyce

My wife was slapped with a default judgment in 1998. The first ten years of the jdment will end in Jan. 2008. The state that I live in allows it to be renewed for ten more years. My questions are as follows:

Does it cause the lawyer money to renew?

Do they have a certain amount of time to renew?

Can they take my wife to court over this?

The last time she received a letter was about six months ago, stating that if she does not pay, it may cost her more money.

By the way, she is incapacitated due to multible strokes. I have posted this previously on the board describing her issues. I live in Ar.

Thanks

Does it cause the lawyer money to renew?

Nominal fee, if any.

Do they have a certain amount of time to renew?

Depends on the state

Can they take my wife to court over this?

No need too, they already did. If they want to renew the judgment they can do it w/o the defendant.

The last time she received a letter was about six months ago, stating that if she does not pay, it may cost her more money.

Sounds like your wife may be judgment proof anyhow. If they didn't do anything for 10 years, they prob won't renew.

-r