Sample letter 15 seem to be to the collection agency not the credit bureaus?

Jason

:confused:

Sample letter 15 - The Letter to Send to the Credit Bureaus After the Collection Agency Fails to Validate Your Debt

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forms/sampleletter15.shtml

I keep reading it and this letter seems to me like it is directed to the collection agency. Especially this part...

I am continually being called on the telephone by your firm over an alleged $9000 debt. I'm sure you are aware of the provisions in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), and I am requesting validation of this debt. I am requesting proof that I am indeed the party you are asking to pay this debt, and there is some contractual obligation which is binding on me to pay this debt. I request that you stop contacting us on the telephone and restrict your contact with us to writing, and only when you can provide adequate validation of this alleged debt. To refresh your memory on what constitutes legal validation, I am giving a list of the required documentation:

Do you giys see it this way also?

Have you sent this letter to the credit bureaus?

Amerikaner83 how come it says contacted by your firm and I request that you stop contacting us on the telephone and restrict your contact with us to writing, and only when you can provide adequate validation of this alleged debt. ?

I will tailor it to me but I don't quite understand or I am not looking at these parts right.

Thanks for your help.

Ok, I wouldn't send something to anyone I do not understand.:)

That is what I do not get why would the letter to the credit bureaus say stop calling me when the credit bureaus do not call you to collect a debt? See ....that is why it sounds like you send this letter to the collection agency when they do not validate the debt.