Repost of another thread....

Nascar3

In hopes of getting some more replies....

Tell me what your thoughts are on this.....

As usual, went in today and pulled my Experian report. Portfolio is GONE!!! (YAY!!!) HOWEVER, upon closer inspection, one of my Citifinancial accounts is reporting 13 late payments from 2002 and 2003!! This account was paid perfectly, no lates and was paid off in full and closed in 2004! Up until today this account was reported as paid satisfactorily! Naturally, the first thing I did was call Experian and say WTF??? Experian told me that Citifinancial reported it and were just as helpful as always (haha). I did a verbal dispute and then called Citifinancial. After being on the phone for an hour, because it took me that long to talk to someone who could actually dig up such an old account, I was told that they did NOT rereport it to the CRA's. She also reassured me that it was never late and told me she would update the CRA's and send me a letter to that effect. On a whim, I asked her if they happen to deal with Portfolio Recovery at all if someone defaults on a loan. She told me yes they did. Soooooo....my thoughts are this....either Experian screwed up and coincidentally added 13 lates to an old closed perfect account, Citifinancial dug up that account for no reason and decided to add some lates, OR Portfolio decided to mess a little bit more with me while they were in there and as retribution for them having to delete their account! What do you guys think???

And more importantly, what do I do about it? Experian is of absolutely no help.

Didn't like my answer to that post? :p

Awwwww....Now don't be giving me the guilt trip! I always give good thought to your posts Amerikaner! I just got to thinking that my post was way down deep in that other thread and might not get the replies it would if it was sitting by it's lonesome.

:IThankYou:

I think AK83 is right you can think anything you want but if you can't prove it. Doesn't do you a bit of good. I know that is not what you want to hear but...

Sometimes we have to hear what we don't want as well as what we do! That's what makes the world go around.

Brightest blessings

Moriah

I think AK83 is right you can think anything you want but if you can't prove it. Doesn't do you a bit of good. I know that is not what you want to hear but...

Sometimes we have to hear what we don't want as well as what we do! That's what makes the world go around.

Brightest blessings

Moriah

This is true. However, I'm thinking that the eOscar system must keep some kind of records as to who is doing what. In that case, it would seem that I would be able to prove it. Maybe not right now, but in the near future when I am sueing their a$$es. I would tend to think that messing with an account that is not theirs would be highly illegal.

Nothing you could say would about Portfolio would surprise me.

And yet they were so easy for me! Weird. They weren't yet rpeorting, but they called me. I told them to eff off and die (basically verbatim) and they did.

They must have had an off-day when they called me.

Then again, I'm not complaining :p