Those sneeky jerks! Technical question-

Donna47129

Good morning!

Okay, I am pretty sure I have a violation:

JDB1 bought c/o debt. Sent to CA. JDB1 never dunned. We DV'd CA. CA responds with letter acknowledging the validation letter and states that they have told their client. This is on 9/13.

The same day:

On 9/13 JDB1 lists on our CR. We did DV JDB1, but after that date. Didn't realize they were a JDB. However, JDB1 knew we were disputing before they reported.

Again, the original trade line was never on our reports. It was only put on our reports when I DV'd the CA, but not by the CA.

Please tell me this is a violation??!!

Thanks!

Donna

They most likely are jerking you around, but I don't really see a violation. Maybe it's a violation, but you don't have much of a case.

-r

Hi Razr:

I thought that since I have DV'd the CA, and they knew that, that they cannot report it since there was no previously established reporting.

Ugh...

Thanks!

Donna

Hi Razr:

I thought that since I have DV'd the CA, and they knew that, that they cannot report it since there was no previously established reporting.

You are correct. However since you didn't DV the JDB...and they are the one's who furnished the info to the CRA...

-r