New Dispute Reasons!!!?

Try4Gr8Credit

If the SOL on accounts start at the DOFD, and that date is not reported on some types of reports can one dispute using these reasons:

Account illegally reaged

SOL expired

DOLA or DOFD reported inaccurately

Also if it starts with the DOLA, the same reasons can be used.

The CRA are obliged to investigate.

What do you guys think?

Has this been tried?:confused:

So to clarify things for me, cause Im pretty new to this, I had an account at First Premier that should have a DOFD of late 01 and on my report Arrow Financial has been assigned the debt and has an open date listed as 07/04.

Would this be considered a violation because they are reporting their opening date and not First Premiers?

Should I dispute on that reason and demand they remove it?

So to clarify things for me, cause Im pretty new to this, I had an account at First Premier that should have a DOFD of late 01 and on my report Arrow Financial has been assigned the debt and has an open date listed as 07/04.

Would this be considered a violation because they are reporting their opening date and not First Premiers?

Its a gray area. yes. It starts with the first creditor, not with who currently owns the debt. However, they can ding you with there posts.

So that you completely understand. The SOL is the rule used to legally go after you in a court of law for the money. They can still report it with the CR for seven years from the DOFD. Its up to you to fight the aging and thats a long drawn out letter campaign that may require you to hire an attorney. I went through this a few years back and frankly, I had one or two that would not remove it. The SOL on reporting was coming up in a few months so I let it slide and sure enough they fell off.

you should dispute the DOFD.

It's proper and legal for a CA to report the "Date Opened" as the month/year they acquired the account. This would not constitute re-aging. It's simply the date their collection account opened, not the original opening date of the actual account.

However, you can still use this as a reason to dispute. You just may achieve your goal of getting this shielded from view if the Data Furnisher fails to verify.

"Least sophisticated consumer' is the standard that CRA's must comply with. So in some instances it's a good thing to appear less sophisticated, as long as you're actually well-informed. :)

It's proper and legal for a CA to report the "Date Opened" as the month/year they acquired the account. This would not constitute re-aging. It's simply the date their collection account opened, not the original opening date of the actual account.

However, you can still use this as a reason to dispute. You just may achieve your goal of getting this shielded from view if the Data Furnisher fails to verify.

"Least sophisticated consumer' is the standard that CRA's must comply with. So in some instances it's a good thing to appear less sophisticated, as long as you're actually well-informed. :)

So does this mean that the account can stay on the report for 7 years from the time they aquired the account or does the 7 year time limit apply from the OC DOFD date?

From the FCRA, Title 15 USC 1681c, Subsection 605©(1) "Running of Reporting Period...In general. The 7 year reporting period...shall begin...upon the expiration of the 180-day period beginning on the date of the commencement of the delinquency which immediately preceded the collection activity..."

Regardless who has the account now, who reports it, or when their account opened, the DOFD never {legally} changes. The TL may appear for the specified time only.

From the FCRA, Title 15 USC 1681c, Subsection 605©(1) "Running of Reporting Period...In general. The 7 year reporting period...shall begin...upon the expiration of the 180-day period beginning on the date of the commencement of the delinquency which immediately preceded the collection activity..."

Regardless who has the account now, who reports it, or when their account opened, the DOFD never {legally} changes. The TL may appear for the specified time only.

thats true, but some CA can be crafty and try to change it.