DV Letter hasn't gone out yet, but LHR is on my credit report. Is this legal?

O.K. so I'm checking my CR's and I notice on one of them that LHR (is on my credit report) who in turned hired this attorney. I'm sending the DV letter to the attorney, because he was the one I got the correspondence from. But, I read somewhere on this forum (goodness-I need to copy and paste things!) that it's not legal for the CA to put anything on our CR until it is validated?!?! Is this true?

After you DV them, they can not update the CR without validation or it's a violation. Do a dispute now!

I sent out a DV to the attorney and the CA that hired him CCMMR. I called Experian and put in my dispute, did it online with Equifax, and had to request my CR from TU by mail (they wouldn't give it to me online). As soon as I get it will dispute the debt on there, also. How am I doing so far? Now, I play the waiting game, right?

I sent out a DV to the attorney and the CA that hired him CCMMR. I called Experian and put in my dispute, did it online with Equifax, and had to request my CR from TU by mail (they wouldn't give it to me online). As soon as I get it will dispute the debt on there, also. How am I doing so far? Now, I play the waiting game, right?

You're doing good. As far as TU goes, you don't have to have a CR in order to dispute, just do it by mail and they will start the investigation.