Credit monitoring?

stephlynne

It does not give good details? Maybe it would be worth paying a little bit more to get more information??

if you can afford it, yes. The best way is, if you can afford to spend about 30 to 40 per month, buy memebership from each CRA directly. In doing so, they will alow you to update everyday and also dispute onlne.

Also, Chase and TU aren't the only ones offering this type of service.

Keep in mind, I do not know anything about these others...but there are plenty of other companies...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=active&q=credit+monitoring+SERVICE

The advantage with Chase and TC is that you can pull daily, unless you get bumped for bumping. :lol:

EXACTLY! What's the point in subscribing to these services if you get cancelled?

Frustrating...

I've heard of people still pulling 3 days a week without a problem. For me, I pull once a week b/c I don't need to any more than that, but I don't think I would be happy with 1 pull per month. Like today, I got an alert about a new account added to my CR. I had no idea what it was based on the alert, but when I updated, I could see enough info to let me know who/what it was.

I've heard of people still pulling 3 days a week without a problem. For me, I pull once a week b/c I don't need to any more than that, but I don't think I would be happy with 1 pull per month. Like today, I got an alert about a new account added to my CR. I had no idea what it was based on the alert, but when I updated, I could see enough info to let me know who/what it was.

3 pulls a week is reasonable...I didn't realize you could still pull that often. And, this includes your scores, correct? FICO?

Well I just signed up with TrueCredit, and it says you can look every day if you want. Is that not really true?

That's what the whole argument is. It says you can - but people are being cancelled left and right. AND, having fraud alerts put on their files.

There are several posts about it. I am glad I started reading before signing up. I don't know who to go with now...

3 pulls a week is reasonable...I didn't realize you could still pull that often. And, this includes your scores, correct? FICO?

It does give you new scores with each pull, but they are FAKO's.

Well I just signed up with TrueCredit, and it says you can look every day if you want. Is that not really true?

They say you can, but if you pull every single day or close to it, they will cancel you for fraud. They will assume you are trying to bump INQ's off in an attempt to fraud the scoring model.