Citimortgage Failed to mark as Disputed

nolove4collections

From the FCRA:

(f) Indication of dispute by consumer. If a consumer reporting agency is notified pursuant to section 623(a)(3) [ยง 1681s-2] that information regarding a consumer who was furnished to the agency is disputed by the consumer, the agency shall indicate that fact in each consumer report that includes the disputed information.

Stupid question but in the time between when you disputed and the time it got verified (less than 30 days) you DID pull a new report right?

well it's really a moot point - you can't PROVE it, more than likely. But you can always use it as additional leverage in an ITS to them.....but it doesn't sound like you want to sue Citimortgage right?

Are they verifying anything that is innaccurate? Or do you just not like the fact you have a mortgage foreclosure on there and want it off?

In my experience, to get the lasting 'Disputed' on your CR you have to dispute with the CA or OC directly.

Read primer in my Siggy for details on how to get them on violations...

I once disputed my sears card ( citi) and it was listed immediately as disputed, but after the issue was resolved

it was more effort to get it unlisted.

:-)