Ok we're officially banned from CIP, now what? LOL

isislc

It's really not a good idea to obtain a so-called "combined" report or even an on-line report. There are many threads on this board with info explaining why it is better to just obtain each report from the source. The hard copy reports are also preferable to the on-line products for a number of reasons.

You can get a hard copy report from each of the three CRAs for free each year, and there is a single form that allows you to request your report from all three (or just one or two) of the major CRAs. Then, if a CRA violates the law, you'll have solid proof on their own paper that can not be disputed as being inauthentic or altered (yes, CRAs have tried to strike reports generated online on the ground that they didn't have control over a user's browser settings, etc.).

I agree.

I found out that online reports (for TU anyway) are usually not up to date.

I called TU about 3 weeks after I had DV'd a few CAs and the woman I spoke to couldn't see the accounts I was referring to. I had just updated TrueCredit and I was looking at the accounts on my screen.

The next day I received a letter from TU, dated 3-4 days prior to the phone call, showing the accounts and corresponding inquiries they had DELETED.

On the other hand, my TrueCredit 3 in 1 shows several collection accounts that don't come listed on my hard copies from TU. :confused:

I keep getting fresh reports from all three every time they adjust, delete or alter any information on my reports. I still use TC cause I'm impatient and I wanna see stuff as it changes...

I've been here a while, so been there done that. As you also pointed out, it has also been said on this board that the 3 in 1 is just a quick picture of what your credit report looks like. This helps in keeping close track for when to actually ask for a more detailed report from the CRAs to check for anything that may not show up on the 3 in 1.

Thanks for the advice, but some people are sure to stick with what has worked for them. I can't complain, when I first started repairing in Feb, my scores were 425-439 thanks to my Ex. Since using the 3 in 1 method and taking a break in that time, my scores have jumped dramatically. :D

Yeah, here's my hello from TU and goodbye letter. lol

Dear Customer,

TransUnion Interactive, formerly TrueLink, the program administrator for the Chase Identity ProtectionSM program, is contacting you in regards to your membership account. We regret to inform you that your membership has been cancelled due to account activity, which may indicate an intent to tamper with the credit scoring system on TransUnion's credit report services. Please be aware that as of Monday, September 24, 2007 your Chase Identity Protection benefits will be cancelled and no longer accessible. If the account, provided during the time of your purchase, has been charged a credit for the last paid membership fee will appear on the next statement or the statement that follows.

If you have any questions, please call one of our customer service representatives at 1-800-362-8182, Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm PT. They will be happy to assist you.

Just can't get no love!!!

I've been here a while, so been there done that. As you also pointed out, it has also been said on this board that the 3 in 1 is just a quick picture of what your credit report looks like. This helps in keeping close track for when to actually ask for a more detailed report from the CRAs to check for anything that may not show up on the 3 in 1.

isislc is no newbie and, i'm sure, fully aware that the 3n1 is only a snap shot. imo, there's no reason to EVER pay for a hard report or even one directly from the individual CRA's websites since you get one everytime you dispute anyway.